[OJS 2.4.8.0] Cookie Alert plug-in

Thanks you very much for your attention =)
From the Site Administration page I checked for updates (Site Admin>System Information), but nothing changed about the plug-in.
I couldn’t find anywhere else for “plugins check”: where could I find it? =(

I would first remove the line from versions which you manually added (if still present), and then run the Database Upgrade process, as documented in the README:

You can use the Command-line or Web Based instructions.

Thanks a lot, it seems something I am able to do (I would use the Web Based way) =).
Before that, it is fondamental for me to know that OJS version will not change… Is that correct? I will only update OJS database, right?
Thanks again :slight_smile:

Correct. Assuming you haven’t missed running this step in the past, the OJS version will not change.

Essentially, OJS will compare the version of code you’ve installed against the version of the database, and if the version of the code is later than the version of the database, updates will be made to the database structure/content. If you haven’t changed the code, there are no updates to make.

One of the last steps, however, is to check for any new plugins to be installed; this will find and register the new plugin, writing version information to the database.

Thank you very much, I will try and let you know =)

Sorry,
this plugin works on OJS 3.0.2 ?

And if not,
there is a plugin working on OJS 3.0.2?
Thankz for all.

Hi @mrwolf,

I don’t believe that plugin works with OJS 3.x, but you could confirm by contacting the plugin’s author.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

I’ve tried to instal this plug-in as suggested in the gdpr_pkp_guide but I’m running into the same problem as NuovaCultura. The plug-in only displays in the /manage/plugin pages, not in the home page nor in other public pages. I ran the upgrade process and changed ‘site wide’ to ‘1’ in the versions table, but still the same problem. Has anyone any advice?

Hello. I tried this trick to update the versions table and there was no change to the cookies plugin. The cookies plugin still only appears on the plugins page. Any further ideas as this is a big strange. Thanks,

Update: We checked the ownership and did chown to match the other plugins and no difference. The cookie plug is listed in the database as such and with site wide as being listed. We have also cleared cache, etc. Sort of at our wits end on this.

I experimented a bit with this plugin:

• I installed the code with git submodule add https://github.com/ictineo/ojs-cookiesAlert.git plugins/generic/cookiesAlert
  • I installed it to the database with sudo su apache -s /bin/bash -c 'php tools/upgrade.php upgrade'
  • I enabled it in one of the journals: User Home → Journal Manager → System Plugins → Generic Plugins → Cookies Alert → Enable
  • Configuration involves adding text for all languages installed in the journal
    • I configured text for each language: User Home → Journal Manager → System Plugins → Generic Plugins → Cookies Alert → Settings

This enabled the plugin within the journal as a floating notice at the bottom of the page.

This plugin does not currently support usage at the Site level.

Thanks. Clinton. We used the download option from github to get a zip file, then copied them up to the plugins/generic/cookies folder. We ran the setup and only got alerts on the setup page. Then I ran the upgrade.php, verified that the plugin is in the version table, etc. but same outcome…alerts only on the setup page.

Question please. We downloaded the files using the download option and then copied them into a cookies folder in plugins/generic/cookies which is different than “cookiesAlert”. Would that make a difference? Also it is possible that the .git folder above has a newer version of the code for this plugin?

Thank you.

I renamed the plugin directory in my installation and it ceased to function. That is probably your problem.

The “download zip” link in GitHub will download the commit / version which you are currently browsing. If you have just navigated directly to the GitHub repository and not changed the branch or commit, you will be downloading the latest version.

It worked. The directory name is critical. No good having tires on the car if the bolts are left off the wheels. :slight_smile:

See the note below from Clinton. The directory name matters…I originally named it “cookies” instead of “cookiesAlert” and it did not work. When I changed it to what Clinton suggested, it started working on all pages. Hope that helps. radjr

Thanks to everyone for taking trouble over this. I’m just off for vacation so it will be a while before I can get back to this and see if it works. But I really appreciate the feedback. Andrew

I got back to this, and renamed the directory as suggested. The bar now appears at the foot of each journal page, which looks good. But when I click on the ‘OK’ button I was expecting the bar to disappear but instead I get a 404 page not found message. The page looked for appears to be https://www.whp-journals.co.uk/ojs/ojs-2.4.7-1/index.php?journal=GE&page=index?acceptCookies=1

It’s not that important, but I’m afraid it is beyond me to work out what’s wrong.