OJS 2.4.7 Reset Password Link expired

I have some users on one of the journals we host that cannot reset their password due to the link in the email expiring before they click on it.
I test it myself and requested a reset password. As soon as I got the email I click on the link.
I get this message “Sorry, the link you clicked on has expired or is not valid. Please try resetting your password again.”
Is there a place to set how long a link will stay active.

Thanks,
Edward

The expiration is supposed to be 7200 seconds from the reset. It is user-definable by reset_seconds in config.inc.php.

https://github.com/pkp/ojs/commit/e7eb5507ef2dda33c264db37e60297be87bc0ff6#diff-22f011e60fab54877fdfd4efb4dcbfa6R317

I just tried this myself and reproduced the error. Here comes 2.4.7-1, I think.

Hi @ctgraham,

Were you able to track down the cause?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

So to fix this do I then apply the diff from Alec #695 above.
I have 28 journals on OJS-2.4.7 that will have this issue that I need patched.

Thanks,
Edward

The fix doesn’t exist quite yet. I’ve opened this issue, where I think I’ve identified the broken process.

Thanks for posting. I made a change to the password reset hash and then I wasn’t able to get into anything or reset my password. I restored files and the database from a backup and still couldn’t reset my password. Glad I’m not going crazy, I look forward to a patch.

• Jim

Hi @jbutler,

@ctgraham has kindly posted a patch at the issue link above – I’ll review and test it myself shortly, but if you’re able to test it as well, I’d love to have an additional data point.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

That fixed it.
Thanks Guys!

• Jim

Hi @jbutler,

Great, that’s helpful. I’ll put OJS 2.4.7-1 online shortly with this fix included. If you’re already using OJS 2.4.7 (a.k.a. OJS 2.4.7-0), applying the patch above will be a sufficient fix too.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello Everyone

I’ve update from OJS 2.4.6 to 2.4.7 and I’m not more able to log in with my admin password. To reset it, I’m receiving the message Reset Password link expired. Please what should I do to get back access to the system ???

Can someone help me ???

I 'v try sereral time without success…

Thanks in advance

Hi @foster,

Did you try the fix linked above? If you’re using OJS 2.4.7 (= OJS 2.4.7-0), you can either apply the patch above, or use OJS 2.4.7-1 instead.

Regards,
Alec Smecher