OJS3.2 Reset Password Link expired but a new password was sent out

Dear all,

This problem was posted a while ago pertaining to OJS2.4.7 (OJS 2.4.7 Reset Password Link expired).

However, I am having OJS3.2.1.1 and when a user reset his/her password, the link that they clicked on was expired. I did the same to my own account and clicked on the link immediately and was indicated as expired. Having said that, I did receive a new password that I could use to log in to change into a new one. Therefore, the expired password reset link seemed to be working but why stated as expired?

In the config file, I have set the reset_seconds to 7200. Perhaps this is a bug?

Hope to get clarification on the matter.
Thanks!
@neuroscirn

Hi @neuroscirn,

The most common cause for this is that users get impatient waiting for the expiry email to be received, then click the button again. Then the first email arrives but the link has already expired because a second email has been sent. Can this be the case in your experiment?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Not really, I did the same and I clicked only once. Immediately I received the email link, I clicked the link and the first thing that came through was the expired message. But, the new password was somehow sent over. You can also test this out yourself here Login | Neuroscience Research Notes. You can register a dummy account for it.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hi,

Same problem here.
Are you using MySQL or postgres?

Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira

Hello, I am using MySQL.

Still remains in OJS version 3.2.1-1

Hi all,

I’ve been unable to replicate this behaviour in a recent release of OJS; if someone is able to walk through it and debug on an installation that’s experiencing it, that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear All,

I am also experiencing the same issue. On first email I am getting a reset password link. After clicking on it, I am getting the new email with the password but the link which I clicked (from the first email) is showing expired. Has anyone found any solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nikhil Motwani

Hey @neuroscirn. I tested your website and I believe it is working. Could you please help me resolve this issue? What changes did you do?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nikhil Motwani

Hi @nikhilmotwani

I did not do anything specific about it. It seems like it happens randomly and I do not know what may have caused that. Perhaps, clear the data cache in the administration tab, clear the browser’s history and try again. All the best!

@neuroscirn