OCS - Host server upgrade

We have been running OCS on a CentOS 5 server for a few years. Due to CentOS being past end-of-life, we need to put OCS on an up-to-date server.

We made an attempt to do this using a server running version 6. Something about this setup causes a “‘HookRegistry’ not found” error when merely trying to login.

It appears that the OCS code has not been updated since 2014. Ideally, we would like to put this on a Redhat 7 server, but if version 6 is what it takes, then so be it.

The bottom line: how do we move OCS to a later OS distribution and have it work without errors???

Thanks!

Seriously? no one can help with this???

Is this too dumb or obvious of a question, or does no one really know? I’m assuming OCS is still used by folks out there. Maybe that is not the case.

Hi @NT_Frank,

What version of PHP does the new OS have?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

That is not question of operating system itself. It is question of php. As far as I know it is possible to install 5.6.X and 7.X versions of php.
Which one you have on your system?

Thanks for the replies.

To be all the way up to date, we would be running Redhat 7.4 distros which currently are running PHP 5.4.16 on them.

Thanks!

Hi @NT_Frank,

OCS 2.x should be fine with PHP5.4, but note that our more current software (OJS and OMP 3.x) require at least PHP5.6.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

If it “should” work in PHP 5.4, what would be causing this error? Is there a PHP module missing or something else?

You mentioned OJS and OMP; have these replaced OCS???

Hi @NT_Frank,

This may be related to the APC opcode cache, as mentioned in a few old threads; if you’re running that, try disabling it (at least temporarily) to see if it resolves the problem.

OCS has not been replaced by OJS and OMP, but it hasn’t been maintained actively for a while. See this blog post (and note that the timeline proposed there is quite out of date).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you! I will look into those links you provided.