Class 'HookRegistry' not found

Hi all,

after installing OJS 2.3.8 it shows an error"Fatal error: Class ‘HookRegistry’ not foundlib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php on line 192"

please help

Hi @arun,

OJS 2.3.8 is extremely old; I’d suggest using the most recent 2.4.x release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

thanks for your reply,

actually I am a beginner to OJS,I installed this older version to learn how to upgrade this OJS to higher version,but then this error occurs.Is this a problem with PHP Version ?

Hi @arun,

Yes, that’s very likely (or perhaps because of an old issue we had with APC). If you want to experiment with upgrading, I’d suggest starting with something newer like 2.4.3. The upgrade process is the same.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Okay

Thank you for your valuable support

hello;
we moved our site from a server to a new server and we countered two problems:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_is_registered() in/home/moanassar1m/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/session/Session.inc.php on line 64

Fatal error: Class ‘HookRegistry’ not found in /home/moanassar1m/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php on line 192

we do change the code within this document lib/pkp/classes/session/Session.inc.php
as the following:

from this one : if (session_is_registered($key))

to this one: if ($_SESSION[$key])

the results was that the first error disappeared.

regarding the second error we follow the instructions about replacing the line
if ($callHooks === true && checkPhpVersion(‘4.3.0’) && false)

but this leads to another error

Fatal error: Class ‘Core’ not found in /home/moanassar1m/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php on line 197

so we role back this change if ($callHooks === true && checkPhpVersion(‘4.3.0’) && false)

• we then discovered that our hosting account at the server do not contains php initialization file; so we asked the hosting company Godaddy to add it; now every thing is perfect and we are testing every things; we will post any issue here again if any problem appeared. hope this will help others.

Hi @Dr_Mohammad_Othman_N,

Which of our applications are you using, and what version?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear Alec Smecher;
we are using OJS version 2.3.8
With Best Regards.

Principal Contacteditor in chief
Dr. Mohammad Nassar
Global Society of Scientific Research and Researchers
Email: editorijsbar@yahoo.com
Amman - Jordan
Phone: mobile: 00962788780593

UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS:Unsubscribe from all Global Society of Scientific Research and Researchers (GSSRR) e-mails; if you do not wish to receive emails from us, please replay to this message with “unsubscribe”. Please allow up to two days for the complete unsubscribe process to take place.

That’s a very old installation of OJS – I would strongly recommend upgrading, which would also solve the error message you describe.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear Alec Smecher;
thank you for your replay.1- is there any recommendations regarding to what version should i upgrade.2- is there any issues that i have to be aware of when upgrading from a very old version to a new version , can you give me any advice regarding that?3- do you think that the new version will keep the URL for all pages as they are? since any change to the page URL structure will mean a disaster regarding the SEO (search engine optimization) of my current pages.
With Best Regards.

Principal Contacteditor in chief
Dr. Mohammad Nassar
Global Society of Scientific Research and Researchers
Email: editorijsbar@yahoo.com
Amman - Jordan
Phone: mobile: 00962788780593

UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS:Unsubscribe from all Global Society of Scientific Research and Researchers (GSSRR) e-mails; if you do not wish to receive emails from us, please replay to this message with “unsubscribe”. Please allow up to two days for the complete unsubscribe process to take place.

1. I would suggest upgrading to the latest stable release.
  2. I’m not aware of any special considerations in upgrading from 2.3.8 to the latest stable. Make sure you take a backup before you upgrade, and follow the upgrade instructions.
  3. No, URLs will not change as a result of the upgrade.

Regards,
Alec Smecher