[OCS 2.3.6.0] Password reset email not being sent

Hi,

Password reset emails are not being sent by my OCS 2.3.6.0 instance. All other emails are being sent and received correctly, which makes me believe that my SMTP configuration is correct.

I’ve also set a bounce address, which is not getting any bounces after trying to reset a password (as described in Not receiving reset password email - #11 by primozs). I have also tested to recover passwords from users at gmail and riseup, to make sure the problem is not at incoming server. None of them are receiving the email, not even at spam box.

Debug features do not show any errors, and also there’s nothing shown at apache/php log.

I would appreciate any hints on how to further debug and solve this issue.

best,
alan

Hi,

The answer was (partially) in Password reminder email not provide the mailbox - #9 by chahor . The reason why the email was not being sent was the sender email, which is configured at the Technical Support of the conference. Apparently the mail server was blocking the sender. I’m not sure, but the safer is to use the email set at the stmp configuration.

This is a little bit weird, because this configuration is not related to a conference, but to the whole system. I hope this is already solved in OCS 3, and I hope someday I’ll have time to migrate :wink:

best,
alan