Not find DOI Plugin?

Hello,
After the upgrade from OJS 3.4.0-1 to OJS 3.4.0-3, I did not find DOI Plugin? when I reviewed the files on the server, I did not find the Plugins folder, so I searched in the files that I downloaded from (https://pkp.sfu.ca/software/ojs/download/) I did not find the Plugins folder. Is there a change in this Plugin?
I using OJS 3.3.0-4

Hello @Nasseer !

I would bet that the one you are searching for is under the ‘crossref’ directory :wink:

HI @hilongo ,
Think you lost the bet?
Did his name change, for example?

We don’t use 3.4 yet … but that’s the DOI plugin for us in 3.3.0.14…
only that it is under ‘import/export’ directory, not under ‘generic’.

You can check the README file to confirm

I don’t think it’s the same plugin.
Because, as you can read,
https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/doi-plugin/en/doi-plugin

Hello@rcgillis ,
Can you help me with this problem?
Any hints or tips to find the solution?
Thanks in advance to everyone who can help
Regards,
Nasseer

Hi @Nasseer,

In 3.4 the DOIs are not in a plugin any more, they are in the core, so you do not need any plugin for DOI assignments any more. You only need a registration agency plugin (e.g. Crossref), that is now under the generic plugin categery, to register your DOIs.

EDIT: DOI settings you will find under Distribution > DOIs.

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

HI @bozana ,
I am very sorry for my delay in responding.
I thank you for this information that you mentioned, and it was very useful, but I am facing a problem, which is that the DOI does not appear in a section, as in the attached screenshot.
The page continues to load without any data appearing
Can you help me where the error lies?

Regards,
Nasseer

Hi @Nasseer,
You would need to take a look in your server PHP error log file, and/or in the developer tools of your browser, to find the error message. Then we can see further…

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana
Thanks for the reply and help
I found these errors in the file. I tried to find a solution to such a problem in the forum, but I could not solve the problem using the existing solutions. Can you give me advice on how to solve this problem?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
04-Oct-2023 01:35:16 Asia/Baghdad] Exception: The ORCID plugin is enabled, but its settings are invalid. In order to fix, access the plugin settings and try to save the form in /home/xxxx/public_html/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.php:107
Stack trace:
#0 /home/xxxx/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php(76): APP\plugins\generic\orcidProfile\OrcidProfilePlugin->register(‘generic’, ‘plugins/generic…’, NULL)
#1 /home/xxxx/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php(121): PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::register(‘generic’, Object(APP\plugins\generic\orcidProfile\OrcidProfilePlugin), ‘plugins/generic…’, NULL)
#2 [internal function]: PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::PKP\plugins{closure}(Object(APP\plugins\generic\orcidProfile\OrcidProfilePlugin), ‘plugins/generic…’)
#3 /home/xxxx/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php(121): array_walk_recursive(Array, Object(Closure))
#4 /home/xxxx/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.php(155): PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::loadCategory(‘generic’, true)
#5 /home/xxxx/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.php(387): PKP\core\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(APP\core\Request))
#6 /home/xxxx/public_html/index.php(21): PKP\core\PKPApplication->execute()
#7 {main}
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I found (ORCID Profile) Plugin Do not save the settings and keep loading as in the screenshot

Regards,
Nasseer

Hi @Nasseer,

Hmmm… Could you for a second disable the ORCID Profile plugin and then go to the DOIs, to see if it works then?
Or could you try to first fix the ORCID Profile plugin? Have you the correct plugin version, I think 1.1.4.3?

Best,
Bozana

Hello @bozana ,
Thanks for the answer and the help.

–Hmmm… Could you for a second disable the ORCID Profile plugin and then go to the DOIs, to see if it => works then?
The same problem does not work.
–Or could you try to first fix the ORCID Profile plugin? Have you the correct plugin version, I think 1.1.4.3?
=> I have version: 1.3.4.4
date: 2023-08-24

Regards,
Nasseer

hmmm…
Is there then another error happening when accessing the DOIs management page, and not only the ORCID one, no? When you look at the error log file while accessing the DOIs management page…

Hi @bozana ,
Thank you very much for your interest in this problem.
When the (ORCID Profile plugin) is disabled I get these errors:
Exception: Plugin authorRequirements expected to inherit from AuthorRequirementsPlugin, actual type NULL in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php:203
Stack trace:
#0 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php(219): PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::_instantiatePlugin(‘generic’, ‘authorRequireme…’, ‘AuthorRequireme…’)
#1 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php(112): PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::_loadFromDatabase(‘generic’, NULL)
#2 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.php(155): PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::loadCategory(‘generic’, true)
#3 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.php(387): PKP\core\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(APP\core\Request))
#4 /home/username/public_html/index.php(21): PKP\core\PKPApplication->execute()
#5 {main}
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetExists($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetExists(mixed $offset): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 112
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetGet($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetGet(mixed $offset): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 124
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetSet($key, $value) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetSet(mixed $offset, mixed $value): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 135
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetUnset($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetUnset(mixed $offset): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 145
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 155
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 165
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetExists($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetExists(mixed $offset): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 112
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetGet($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetGet(mixed $offset): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 124
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetSet($key, $value) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetSet(mixed $offset, mixed $value): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 135
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetUnset($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetUnset(mixed $offset): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 145
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 155
PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 165

When the (ORCID Profile plugin) is enabled I get these errors:
Exception: The ORCID plugin is enabled, but its settings are invalid. In order to fix, access the plugin settings and try to save the form in /home/username/public_html/plugins/generic/orcidProfile/OrcidProfilePlugin.php:107
Stack trace:
#0 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php(76): APP\plugins\generic\orcidProfile\OrcidProfilePlugin->register(‘generic’, ‘plugins/generic…’, NULL)
#1 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php(121): PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::register(‘generic’, Object(APP\plugins\generic\orcidProfile\OrcidProfilePlugin), ‘plugins/generic…’, NULL)
#2 [internal function]: PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::PKP\plugins{closure}(Object(APP\plugins\generic\orcidProfile\OrcidProfilePlugin), ‘plugins/generic…’)
#3 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php(121): array_walk_recursive(Array, Object(Closure))
#4 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.php(155): PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::loadCategory(‘generic’, true)
#5 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.php(387): PKP\core\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(APP\core\Request))
#6 /home/username/public_html/index.php(21): PKP\core\PKPApplication->execute()
#7 {main}

Hmmm… Could you maybe disable both plugins, AuthorRequirements and ORCID Profile and then try to access the DOIs management page? Also take a look at the error log file while accessing the DOIs management page…

EDIT: Do you have the latest/correct version of the AuthorRequirements plugin?
EDIT EDIT: It seems that that exception from the AuthorRequirements plugin will not stop execution, thus it seems not to be the problem. Maybe you can try to find another/next error?

Hi @bozana ,
Thank you for your patience and continuing to communicate with me regarding this issue.

after disabling AuthorRequirements and ORCID Profile PHP error:
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] Exception: Plugin textEditorExtras expected to inherit from TextEditorExtrasPlugin, actual type NULL in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php:203
Stack trace:
#0 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php(219): PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::_instantiatePlugin(‘generic’, ‘textEditorExtra…’, ‘TextEditorExtra…’)
#1 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php(112): PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::_loadFromDatabase(‘generic’, NULL)
#2 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.php(155): PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::loadCategory(‘generic’, true)
#3 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.php(387): PKP\core\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(APP\core\Request))
#5 {main}
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] Exception: Plugin textEditorExtras expected to inherit from TextEditorExtrasPlugin, actual type NULL in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php:203
Stack trace:
#0 /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.php(219): PKP\plugins\PluginRegistry::_instantiatePlugin(‘generic’, ‘textEditorExtra…’, ‘TextEditorExtra…’)
#5 {main}
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetExists($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetExists(mixed $offset): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 112
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetGet($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetGet(mixed $offset): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 124
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetSet($key, $value) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetSet(mixed $offset, mixed $value): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 135
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetUnset($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetUnset(mixed $offset): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 145
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 155
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 165
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetExists($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetExists(mixed $offset): bool, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 112
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetGet($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetGet(mixed $offset): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 124
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetSet($key, $value) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetSet(mixed $offset, mixed $value): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 135
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::offsetUnset($key) should either be compatible with ArrayAccess::offsetUnset(mixed $offset): void, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 145
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::count() should either be compatible with Countable::count(): int, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 155
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/username/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 165
[06-Oct-2023 20:45:42 Asia/Baghdad] PHP Deprecated: Return type of Slim\Collection::getIterator() should either be compatible with IteratorAggregate::getIterator(): Traversable, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /home/rsje/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Collection.php on line 165

correct version of the AuthorRequirements plugin is: 2.0.0.0
date : 2023-03-30

You added Client ID and Client Secret from ORCID Profile settings
Previously, changes could not be saved, The reason was the firewall on the server, and the problem was resolved, and there were no errors or objections from the firewall regarding the site’s operation.

Regards,
Nasseer

Hi @Nasseer,

You can ignore this kind of error messages:
Exception: Plugin ... expected to inherit from ..., actual type NULL in.
You can also ignore the PHP Deprecated messages.
Any other errors?
Could you please also use the dev tools in your browser, and see what happens under Network when you access the DOI management page?
Does this mean that now your ORCID plugin is working?

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana,
Thank you for your patience on this issue
This is what I found on the DOI management page.

TypeError: this.enabledDoiTypes.includes is not a function
at a.addDoiObjects (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342:304844)
at build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342:303549
at Array.map ()
at a.mappedItems (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342:303349)
at e.get (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317:28406)
at e.evaluate (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317:29406)
at a.mappedItems (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317:31128)
at build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342:274988
at a.dt [as _t] (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317:12875)
at a.WM (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342:274925)
An @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
En @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
Dn @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
e._render @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
r @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
e.get @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
e.run @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
bn @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
(anonymous) @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
Rn @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
Promise.then (async)
Pn @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
Bn @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
kn @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
e.update @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
e.notify @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
set @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
set @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342
On @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
r @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
On @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
Jt.e.$emit @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317
setItems @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342
success @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342
c @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
fireWith @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
l @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
(anonymous) @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
load (async)
send @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
ajax @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
get @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342
(anonymous) @ build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342
e @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
t @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
setTimeout (async)
(anonymous) @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
fire @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
ready @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
B @ jquery.min.js?v=3.4.0.3:2
build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317 TypeError: this.enabledDoiTypes.includes is not a function
at build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342:304097
at Array.forEach ()
at a.addDoiObjects (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342:304000)
at build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342:303549
at Array.map ()
at a.mappedItems (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342:303349)
at e.get (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317:28406)
at e.evaluate (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317:29406)
at a.mappedItems (build.js?v=3.4.0.3:317:31128)
at build.js?v=3.4.0.3:342:274988

Regards,
Nasseer

Hmmm… This is the error you have seen in the dev tools > Console ?
How did you install the new OJS version, using GitHub or .tar.gz ?
Do you maybe also see some errors (something red) in dev tools > Network ?

Hello@bozana,
This is the error you have seen in the dev tools > Console ?
– Yes
How did you install the new OJS version, using GitHub or .tar.gz ?
– No I use the new OJS version from the official website (https://pkp.sfu.ca/software/ojs/download/)
Do you maybe also see some errors Network (something red) in dev tools > Network ?
–No (screenshot from Network )

I upgraded from (OJS 3.4.0-1 ) to (OJS 3.4.0-3 ) directly.
Do you think this causes a problem and do you advise me to go back to (OJS 3.4.0-1 ) and update to (OJS 3.4.0-2 ) and then to (OJS 3.4.0-3 )

Regards,
Nasseer