No checkbox for privacy statements on submission, reviewer request, etc. Error only occurs with Firefox browser; Chrome works [OJS 3.3.0.8]]

I noticed the checkbox to accept the privacy statement is missing when people use Firefox browser. This is not caused by browser extensions, such as adblockers. The error occurs wherever the privace statements need to be accepted: during submission, reviewer request, etc.
In Chrome, the checkbox is displayed without any problems.

Since Firefox is the most used browser in many countries of the European Union, it is a larger problem. 45% of visitors to our website use Firefox.

Submission menu with Firefox
firefox_submission

Review Accept menu with Firefox
Screenshot 2021-11-30 142203

Review Accept menu with Chrome
chrome

The privacy statements can still be accepted if users click on the phrase “Yes, I agree to have my data collected…”. The phrase is clickable, visible only when the mouse pointer moves over it. But since there is no visual feedback, this is not obvious to users.

The copyright statement checkbox, located just above the privacy statement checkbox in the submission menu, works fine.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions on how to solve this!

Best regards,
Michael

Hi @adm_sub,

I wasn’t able to duplicate this. It showed up for me just fine in Firefox (v. 94.02):

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 3.14.28 PM

You may also want to see the post here where a user describes an issue with a Firefox Addon - to make sure that this isn’t what is causing the issue: Checkbox to agree to privacy statement not visible (New submission) in OJS 3.3.0.5 - #4 by bibliothekswelt

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,

ah, thank you so much! I am also using the “I don’t care about cookies” addon for Firefox, so this is indeed causing the missing checkbox.

Kind regards,
Michael

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.