Metadata for remotly-hosted publication formats in OMP 3.2.1

Hi,

for local publication formats, there is a “Metadata” tab next to the “Edit” and the “Identifiers” tab in OMP 3.2.1 (go to Submission Workflow, Tab “Publication”, Tab “Publication Formats”, “Edit” Publication Format).

For remote publications formats, the tabs “Metadata” and “Identifiers” are missing (see screenshot below). Is this a bug or left out intentionally? In OMP 1.2, it was possible to enter metadata for remote publication formats.

Regards,
Carola

missingMetadataTab

Hi @carola,

(Nice to see you here :-))
Yes, it seems to be a bug. Please follow this issue for the fix: Metadata tab missing for remote publication formats · Issue #7086 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Thanks a lot!
Bozana

Hi @bozana,

ich freue mich auch, mal wieder OJS/OMP-Themen mit dir zu erörtern :sunny: .

And I have another issue with the remote galleys: its not just the metadata tab that is missing, it’s also the identifier tab. I have selected publication format in the DOI plugin and can assign DOIs to local galleys, but for remote galleys, no identifier tab appears.

best,
Carola

Hi @carola,

I think the identifier tab has never existed for remote galleys/publication formats? – It is rather the responsibility of the web site hosting that remote galley/publication format to manage the identifiers (DOIs, URNs)…
Or do you mean something else?

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana ,

there is an identifier tab for remote galleys in OJS 3.1.2.

And think this is a nice feature. We have journals with both local and remote galleys. It makes work much easier to manage all DOIs in one place.

Best,
Carola

Hi @carola,

Hmmm… strange… because the remote galleys/publication formats would have a totally different URL, and usually a DOI prefix is bind on a domain… :thinking:
I will have to double check that with others in the team…
How do you assign and deposit the identifiers with the different domain? Or what is your use case?

Thanks!
Bozana

Hi @bozana,

relating to DataCite, you can add any domain to your account (using DataCite Fabrica). If an institution provides DOIs for different domains but only uses one prefix, it is necessary to allow more than one domain. I don’t know how CrossRef deals with this.

Best,
Carola