Language problem with "How to Cite"

OJS 3.2.1.3

Hello everyone )

In short.
We have two language in OJS website. It`s English (main) and Ukrainian.
Main problem with “How to Cite” (every article).
When change language to English we see surname at Ukrainian in “How to Cite”

Example:
English
Main page

1 En

in the article

2 En

So, only in English version website we have issu with language.
Ukrainan version works well

How to fix it? )
Thx

Hi @Oleksandr_Radkevych,

In the submission metadata, is the title and author metadata entered in both Ukranian and English? Could you share a screenshot of the submission metadata beign edited for this article> ?

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you for response.

1 art
3 3 art UA EN
4 4 art
5 5 art

and the title window

Hi @Oleksandr_Radkevych, Thank you. It looks like you’ve got the metadata entered correctly - it just seems odd that the “How to cite” is pulling the author title info differently. I’ll have to look into this further and will try to get back to you soon.

-Roger

Hi @Oleksandr_Radkevych,

I did find this: OJS 'How to cite' uses wrong language - it does appear that there is an issue with the third-party CSL toolkit, which may be causing this issue.

-Roger

@Oleksandr_Radkevych it looks like your article has one contributor. However, in the three screenshots you posted with the contributor names, it looks like the last one does not have an english surname. This may be the source of the problem.

I intentionally deleted to show the input language.

Can you clarify what data has been saved for the author when you see the citation’s name in the wrong language?

How can I do this?
Describe what I need to do.
Thank you!

Show us the author form with the data exactly the same as it is when you view the error in the How To Cite area.

In older version 3.1.2.1 everything works as expeced, using Ukrainian names only for Ukrainian language (see, e.g. http://umj.imath.kiev.ua/index.php/umj/article/view/6210)
Regards,
Vasyl

Image from administration menu (English version)
Inked4 en_LI
inside user menu
5 en 2
From the issue page
1 en
Inside article
11 en
How to cite
22 en

Article link
ORGANIZATIONAL AND PEDAGOGICAL CONDITIONS OF DEVELOPMENT OF DIGITAL CULTURE OF PEDAGOGICAL EMPLOYEES | Professional Pedagogics (ivet.edu.ua)

In Ukrainian version everything works well. Problem only with English version How to cite.

Thanks @Oleksandr_Radkevych, that helps confirm the problem and I was able to reproduce it myself. I’ve filed an issue at Author name is not localized in How-to-Cite citation · Issue #6862 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. You can follow updates there.

1 Like