Keyword Cloud Plugin for OJS3

HI
How to make KeywordCloud in the OJS/Plugin/Blocks/…? Do you have the source code to fill in Blocks from CP File Manager? THank you

Hi
The code is available in github. you can simply extract the archive into the blocks directory.

Let me try, thank you

KeywordCloud block was form. But, it can not display in the website. I was setting in the blocks manager of Appearance site of OJS 3.1.4. May I lost another step? Thank you for your help.

Hi @Azerilatama,
Nice plugin!
But, it gets slow on journals with big data and home page is lagged.
Is there a way to make if faster? e.g a filter?

thanks so much.

the process of extracting keywords and their freqouncy is occurred each two day and the extracted data are cached. but on the interface its SVG and its render maybe cause some lag. but you can decrees the number of keyword to solve the problem.
check the line 16 and 17 in KeywordCloudBlockPlugin.inc.php to see these constants.

1 Like

Dear developers!
Please tell me what to do.
Your module has stopped showing keywords (just empty). This error pops up in the browser console:
scilook.eu/plugins/blocks/keywordCloud/js/d3.wordcloud.min.js:
TypeError: t.text.toLowerCase is not a function

Previously, everything worked - everything looked cool.

With respect
Ph.D. Sergey Kuprienko

Hi @Azerilatama
Is keyword cloud block plugin available for latest release of ojs 3.1.2. After update my ojs to the latest version, I have noticed that this block plugin is missing.
Thanks

1 Like

Dear @Azerilatama,

I have got the same problem: I updated our ojs system, but the keyword cloud doesn’t work anymore. Do you plan to upgrade the existing version?

thanks a lot, Anna

1 Like

I’ve filed the question as an issue:
https://github.com/ali-sokhandan/ojs3-keywordcloud-plugin/issues/3
Hope, @alirezaaa will kindly respond soon.

With OJS 3.1.2, the plugin throws a Smarty error (probably the Smarty library had been upgraded).

Please do the following:

• the plugin directory must be plugins/blocks/keywordCloud
  • within the plugin directory, create a subdirectory templates
  • mv block.tpl to templates
  • restart PHP/Webserver
2 Likes

Hi @mpbraendle,

thanks a lot, that’s works :+1:t2:

best regrads, Anna

1 Like

While this works for OJS 3.1.2, the solution was (at least in my case; see: Block.tpl in OJS 3.1.2; keywordCloud plugin ) not backwards-compatible, i.e. i couldn’t get the “fixed” plugin working on both OJS 3.1.2 and earlier versions at the same time. This would in my opinion be a requirement for a bug fix though. Compatibility with OJS pre-3.1.2 can be achieved by symlinking ‘block.tpl’ into the plugin’s root folder but maybe there is a cleaner solution.

Hi,
I am using ojs 3_1_1_4 and Health Science theme, I would like to use this plugin but I don’t know how call this plugin.
This plugin is working on sidebar with other themes but I would like to use this plugin on template.
How can used it ?
I tried to copy block.tpl on my templates theme but I haven an error

Uncaught ReferenceError: d3 is not defined

I tried to use this code and it’s working:

{php}
	$blockPlugins = PluginRegistry::getPlugins('blocks');		
	foreach ($blockPlugins as $blockPlugin) {
    	if (strpos(strtolower($blockPlugin->getDisplayName()), "keyword") !== false) { 
    		echo $blockPlugin->getDescription();
			break;
  		}	
	}
{/php}
I copied _block.tpl_ from keywords plugin and renamed on my _templates/frontend/components/keywords.tpl_

I am using $blockPlugin->getDescription() and it’s working
I tried to use:
$blockPlugin->getContents(“frontend/components/keyowrds.tpl”);
$blockPlugin->getContents(“frontend/components/keyowrds.tpl”,$currentJournal);
but i have an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getJournal() on null in

I don’t know how can I call plugins from any template.
Thanks a lot,

xavi.

Hi I resolved:
I disabled all the plugins in this journal except KeywordCloud

Regards,
xavi

I generated a release with the fix for OJS 3.1.2.x:

Thank you, @Ph_We!

Hi all,

Excellent work, @abadan/@mpbraendle/all!

Have you been in touch with the plugin’s original author? I’d love to see this sent back to the original repo as a pull request, and then get the branches there set up like we do our own repositories: master for unstable development work, stable-3_1_2 for compatible with OJS (and/or OMP) 3.1.2, stable-3_1_1 for OJS/OMP 3.1.1, etc.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hello @asmecher, as the author was not responding at Any support for OJS 3.1.2? · Issue #3 · ali-sokhandan/ojs3-keywordcloud-plugin · GitHub, I fork and created a release. If he can still go on, even better.

@Azerilatama do you accept a pull request? The correction is quite simple, as indicated in Issue 3.

If you are no longer willing to keep this plugin, I will try to keep it compatible with future versions of OJS / OMP.

I am using OJS Version 3.1.2.4 and Version 1.0.0.2 of the Keyword Cloud plugin (https://github.com/lepidus/ojs3-keywordcloud-plugin). Unfortunately, the keywords are not showing.
Can this have something to do with incorrectly entered keywords?

Hello @adm_sub,

Can you share the link to your journal?

In our experience, this plugin works best if there are multiple issues / articles with keywords.

In addition, it is currently not compatible with the Paperbuzz plugin. Please confirm that it is not active in your OJS?