Is OJS 2.4.4.1 compatible with PHP 7.0?

Is OJS 2.4.4.1 compatible with PHP 7.0?

I am currently using PHP 5.4, but my server will no longer offer it among its services.

Thanks in advance,
André

Hi @Andre_Gomes,

I’m just testing OJS and so far I’ve turned up a couple of incompatibilities that will cause problems. I’ll fix these for the next OJS release, which will be 2.4.8. [Edit: These didn’t make it into OJS 2.4.8.] Details here: Ensure PHP7 compatibility · Issue #1118 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

However, I’d suggest checking whether your host is actually upgrading to PHP 7.0. I was under the impression that this was not yet being broadly deployed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks!

Regards,
André

Hi @asmecher

Is there any version of OJS that already compatible with PHP 7.0?

Or could you inform me how to resolve a problem with “String” Class in PHP 7.0?

Hi @raymondsutjiadi,

OJS 3.0 is compatible with PHP7. The resolution we reached for the problem with the String class was to rename it to PKPString.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher, (Sorry, about duplicate post)

Is there any file that I can use to patch OJS 2.4.8.2 with postgres to PHP 7.0 or a zip or tar.gz file with all files included?

I tried to do this: Ensure PHP7 compatibility · Issue #1118 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub
but I could not do it, because it seems there are many files to download and manipulate.

Or re you planning to release an OJS 2.4.8 for PHP 7.0 release thats fix this php 7 problem?