Installation of OJS 3.2.0.3 from softaculous app

Hi @joapreditor
I would like to apologize and enter the conversation.
Based on my experience, I can say that OJS needs to Tar, zip, and some other commands to make certain operations. After downloading the plugin file in a compressed form, OJS needs to uncompress it into the plugin folder (via tar -zxf …).
So, your OJS installation needs to access these commands.
Most of Linux servers provide these commands to hosting users, and you may get their path by asking the server administrator and then enter into the config.inc.php. Hope this helps,
Please see the screenshot.
Regards,

Hi @drugurkocak, @asmecher.

Thanks for replying @drugurkocak. I had a discussion with hosting providers about tar command and exec () command. They said that these are already installed and active in server. Location of tar command is was different from what is shown in screenshot shared by.

I am also sharing screen shot of my configuration in config.inc.php file after correction.

Hope now errors will be ceased.

Hi,
Than you must set the correct path for tar command according to your server configuration in config.inc.php
Regards,

Hi @drugurkocak,

Thanks for your assistance. They are saying it is located exactly as it is shown
/bin/tar.

I have gone through php error logs and found that error log is full of these entries

[01-Jun-2020 18:31:19 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getRequest() should not be called statically in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/plugins/themes/bootstrap3/BootstrapThreeThemePlugin.inc.php on line 107
[01-Jun-2020 18:31:19 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method PKPApplication::getRequest() should not be called statically in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/plugins/themes/bootstrap3/BootstrapThreeThemePlugin.inc.php on line 129
[01-Jun-2020 18:44:17 Asia/Kolkata] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[01-Jun-2020 18:45:32 Asia/Kolkata] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[01-Jun-2020 18:49:05 Asia/Kolkata] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[01-Jun-2020 18:59:40 Asia/Kolkata] ojs2: 404 Not Found

Can this be resolved. Please help

Hi @joapreditor
If I again talk based on my experiences, they are not serious errors, some php warning messages related to deprecation of some used commands or functions etc…
The 404 errors are HTML errors related to “not found pages” but they are actually arising due to missing .map files.
If you right click on a page, and click the Inspect menu, you will probably get the source of those errors.
If you want to silence that verbose errors, you need to change php error loggin to E_ERROR.
Regards,

Hi @asmecher, @drugurkocak

When I am trying to install a plugin from gallery, after I click install and Ok for confirmation, nothing happens and following is the php_error logs.

[01-Jun-2020 21:48:23 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/bin/tar) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/japtronl/:/tmp:/var/tmp:/opt/alt/php72/usr/share/pear/:/dev/urandom:/usr/local/lib/php/:/usr/local/php72/lib/php/) in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php on line 64
[01-Jun-2020 21:48:23 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getProductType() on string in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php:113
Stack trace:
#0 /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/plugins/PluginGalleryGridHandler.inc.php(283): PluginHelper->installPlugin(NULL, ‘The tar command…’)
#1 /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(391): PluginGalleryGridHandler->installPlugin(Array, Object(Request))
#2 /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)
#3 /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(143): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))
#4 /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(278): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
#5 /home/japtronl/domain in /home/japtronl/domains/japtronline.com/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php on line 113

Hi @asmecher, @drugurkocak

I am attaching screenshot of tar.php in my domain Please have a look.
Untitled3

Is this fine

Hi @joapreditor

There is a previous topic related to this error, you may refer to it. I am afraid most of your problems arise from your server configuration. If you are on a shared hosting, and especially when php runs in safe mode, you may get unexpected errrors. I’m afraid your OJS still can’t access tar command because exactly same errors exist in your php error log.
Perhaps from this point on, more skilled programmers can help you

By the way, the file in the picture is called tar.php, but it needs to be tar

Regards,