Import article in ojs2.4.8

Ok. Understand, but when I import I received

Import Articles

The file you are importing contains one or more articles. You must choose an issue and section to import these articles into; if you do not wish to import them all into the same section and issue, you may either separate them into different XML files or move them into the appropriate issues and sections after importing.

I need to select Section but the list is empty.

Are you exporting just the Articles? You probably want to export an Issue or more at a time from the old installation. Importing an Issue will not ask you this question.

My upload_max_ size and post_max_size is on 128 MB and upload limit is not problem. When I upload it OJS logout and demand again login when receive an error.
DB Error: Duplicate entry ‘4-6’ for key 'custom_section_orders_pkey’
or
Import Error
One or more errors occurred during import. Please check to ensure that the format of the import file correctly matches the specification. Specific details of the import errors are listed below.
The upload failed; please ensure that uploads are allowed on your server and that the file is not too big for your PHP and web server configuration.

I tried to upload separately article or issue and all articles and issues but same problem.

Did you delete and re-create the fresh OJS database after you encountered the first failure? If not, it is quite possible that you have a “broken part” of an article or issue loaded which will prevent that same article or issue from fully loading.

If you are having trouble with the same import even after resetting the database to a clean, fresh install, can you replicate the problem with a specific set of import files? If so, there may be a bug in the import process which we can identify and correct.

This is an error which I received after uploading one article:

[25-Jul-2017 07:58:57 Europe/Belgrade] ojs2 has produced an error
In file: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/classes/article/Article.inc.php
At line: 231
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.6.30
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 5.6.35-log

and

[25-Jul-2017 08:48:15 Europe/Belgrade] ojs2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/README/READMEOaiMetadataFormatsPlugin.inc.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty)
In file: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php
At line: 230
Stacktrace:
Server info:

Now cannot import nothing (users, articles, issues). OJS goes directly to log out. How to solve this and import manually? I try to do that with empty OJS 3.0.2 but cannot upload manually. Received mentionend errors.

The second message probably indicates an unrelated bug, or maybe just an oddity in your configuration. If this openbase_dir restriction applies to other files, we might want to look into it further, but if it just affects plugins you aren’t using for the import/export process, it can probably be ignored.

The first message may be related to your problem. You could get more information by turning on show_stacktrace in config.inc.php and performing the action that triggered the warning again.

If you have a single article which crashes a fresh OJS install when imported, you might want to share the article’s XML (anonymized if desired) so we can try to replicate the problem.

Thank you for answer. I will try to import manually via OJS 3.0.2 with quick submit plugin. In that case I will be sure that OJS 3.0.2 is with fresh copy A few times I tried to import users, articles, issues in OJS 2.4.8.1 but received only errors and problems.
I will try with OJS 3.0.2 to do that and if I have a problem I will inform you. First, I have a problem with upgrade the database, without concrete answers. Now, I must prepare a website because authors start to send articles. I lose enough time with this problem.

Dear @ctgraham,
Before I started with OJS 3.0.2 I tried to import again in fresh copy and database in OJS 2.4.8.1. I imported users, first issue with all articles, but for other OJS log out immediately after importing. Then, I tried to use QuickSubmit plugin, but when I want to upload PDF files OJS log out.

In error log I have>

[25-Jul-2017 18:29:25 Europe/Belgrade] ojs2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/README/READMEOaiMetadataFormatsPlugin.inc.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty)
In file: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php
At line: 230
Stacktrace:
File: (unknown) line (unknown)
Function: PKPApplication->errorHandler(2, “file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/README/READMEOaiMetadataFormatsPlugin.inc.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty)”, “/home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php”, 230, Array(9))
File: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php line 230
Function: file_exists(“plugins/oaiMetadataFormats/README/READMEOaiMetadataFormatsPlugin.inc.php”)
File: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginRegistry.inc.php line 121
Function: PluginRegistry->_instantiatePlugin(“oaiMetadataFormats”, “plugins/oaiMetadataFormats”, “README”)
File: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/pages/manager/PluginHandler.inc.php line 55
Function: PluginRegistry->loadCategory(“oaiMetadataFormats”)
File: (unknown) line (unknown)
Function: PluginHandler->plugins(Array(0), Object(Request))
File: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php line 362
Function: call_user_func(Array(2), Array(0), Object(Request))
File: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 220
Function: PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array(2), Object(Request), Array(0), False)
File: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 134
Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
File: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 178
Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
File: /home/ijcadsee/public_html/ojs/index.php line 64
Function: PKPApplication->execute()
Server info:

Again, I imported all users and first issue with 18 articles without problem. After that, everything stop. How to import and other issues? Also, in first issue I don`t have PDF and HTML files when I click on the link. Do I have to copy files from old website (from files folder)?

Dear @ctgraham,
I don`t know how but the import of issues started. Could you answer me do I must manually upload PDF and HTML files or I have to copy files to new OJS? Also, some issue is duplicated. How to remove one of them and how to list in order to year of publication? The order is mixed.
One issue import just half of articles. When I want to import via QuickSubmit plugin OJS logout. How to add missed articles?

I solved the problem with duplicated issues and reordering. Just to find how to add missing articles with QuickSubmission Plugin because OJS logout. I saw that must manually insert every PDF and HTML files.

If using the native import/export plugin, you should not have to manually copy PDF and HTML files from one system to the other.

If using the quicksubmit plugin, you will need to manually upload the PDF/HTML each time you use the quicksubmit form.

To debug the problem with OJS logging out unexpectedly, let’s start that discussion in a new thread that is specific to that problem. It might be helpful to share screenshots or a screenshare video which illustrates the problem.

Hello,
I have created an XML file based on the tag for OJS 3 and it was successfully imported, but it is not visible on the journal site. Can someone guide meCapture

The import process should list each article successfully processed, in addition to the issues successfully processed.

Unless there are additional messages not included in your screenshot, it looks like the process found an issue successfully, but made no changes to it. The process does not appear to have found any articles to process, successfully or unsuccessfully.

Can you share the exact version of OJS you are using and your XML file structure?

OJS 3.1.2-1. But the issue is not visible anywhere in issues folder.

Do you think I should re-upload once more?

Is this issue already published with other published articles? Be sure to check your “Future Issues” as well as “Back Issues” within the editorial interface.

I don’t expect that uploading the file again will be different, unless you have changed the XML contents.

This is published in another server with OJS 2 version. Now we have transformed to OJS 3 in another server and trying to import OJS 2 version file into OJS 3 version server. We have already edited the issue file to support OJS 3 version. I will check if any article is duplicate and already published with any other issue. Do you think this can be a reason?

Unless there is more output from the import which you did not share above, it appears that your conversion of the XML did not allow the article to be recognized by OJS 3.

You will want to check for any reason this might be the case within the XML structure.

If you can share the XML here, we can help to validate it.

Can you please share your email id such that I can send in person as that is little confidential.

Sorry, I am happy to help in the public forum as this benefits everyone, but I refer all personal correspondence back to the public forum. You are welcome to redact or obscure the names, etc. for sharing publicly. The most important part is the structure.