I want to include the current date in the acceptance letter template , what is the keyword I should use

I want to include the current date in the acceptance letter template , what is the keyword I should use

We use OJS version: 3.2.1.1

Hello @qassimnasir,

What you might want to do is have a look at a relevant email template that includes a date here: Workflow Settings - and see if there is a relevant variable by looking at the template in your OJS, and you can try that to see if meets your needs.

Best,

Roger

Thanks Roger for your kind reply.
I am looking for all possibilities for tags such as “{$authorName}:,
Appreciate your assistance

Hi @rcgillis,

What I believe would be nice with these ‘email templates variables’ are:

• specify the list of all available variables (right now you see in the template one the ones that are used in that email template)
  • make all variables available for all email templates (IIUC not all variables are available for all email templates)

Regards, Primož

What is the name of variable for current date,. Are there a lost of those variable which I can use. appreciate you support.

Hello @qassimnasir,

I’ve discovered this thread: Email variables list - OJS 3 - #6 by astevens - that goes into more detail as to why there is not a universal list of email variables (in the later discussions in the post):

I haven’t spotted one for the current date - there may not be one, or it may be tied to a specific template, because, as noted, the email variables are context-specific and often only certain variables can be used in specific emails, since not all variables work across all templates.

This thread also goes into some further details: Shortcode for prepared e-mails - #16 by lsteele

Cheers,

Roger

This is one of things that we have planned on our roadmap to improve during the 3.4 and 3.5 releases.