Harvard Citation Style error

Hi,

I am using OJS 3.1.2-4. In the Harvard Citation style the authors’ names are like , e.g. KenarN., without space between the surname and first letter of the name. I have been told that is wrong and there should be space in between.

Do you know if that is correct or wrong? Can you please let me know how to fix this?

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

See this thread: [OJS 3.1.0.1 ] Plugin Citation Style Language prints "How Cite" info without comma and space

The proposed solution doesn’t make sense to me, but seems like it would be relatively easy to try; confirmation either way would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I am sorry, I couldn’t find solution myself, so I open an issue at the CiteProc-PHP. Here is the answer:

please check if this issue is solved with the latest commit [6258cd9](https://github.com/seboettg/citeproc-php/commit/6258cd9c49264a5bc1b357211a5c670b7da9d937)
Thank you in advance!

Do you know which version is included in the OJS 3.1.2-4? Does it include the above mentioned commit?

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

No, the latest release (OJS 3.2.0-1) doesn’t include those changes – they were only added to his repository a few hours ago. Unless you want to apply those changes manually, he’ll need to publish a new Composer package (seboettg/citeproc-php - Packagist) before that change becomes available to downstream code.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Took a while, I am not a developer so I don’t know how to apply the suggested changes. But did some other investigation and I found out interesting findings: I have two OJS 3.1.2-4 systems. On one the citation style is OK on other not. Checking the plugin files seems equal. So I am thinking of something else is a problem. Do you have any idea what to look at?

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

On the other thread, there were indications that this behaviour depended on the PHP version, mbstring extension, and/or XML module; I’m not sure why that would be the case, but it might account for the different behaviours you’re seeing.

Regards,
Alec Smecher