Getting fatal PHP error when using Custom Block Manager to create new blocks

Hi,

After having upgraded to OJS 3.1.0-1 (from 2.4.6), we are having troubles with creating custom blocks through the Custom Block Manager plugin.

Below is the fatal error occuring when trying to save a new custom block:

[Thu Mar 15 17:42:38.560087 2018] [:error] [pid 491] [client 130.235.67.234:40348] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getSetting() on string in /usr/local/ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/controllers/grid/form/CustomBlockForm.inc.php:90\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/local/ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/controllers/grid/CustomBlockGridHandler.inc.php(174): CustomBlockForm->execute()\n#1 /usr/local/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(372): CustomBlockGridHandler->updateCustomBlock(Array, Object(Request))\n#2 /usr/local/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(256): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)\n#3 /usr/local/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))\n#4 /usr/local/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(243): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))\n#5 /usr/local/ojs/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()\n#6 {main}\n thrown in /usr/local/ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/controllers/grid/form/CustomBlockForm.inc.php on line 90, referer: …

Any ideas on what can cause this?

PHP version: 7.0.27-0+deb9u1

Thanks!

actualiza el modulo customblockmanager… creo en GitHub esta…

How to update this, I am also facing the same issue.

descargate la ultima version del customblockmanager, en github aparece, GitHub - pkp/customBlockManager: Plugin permitting the creation of custom sidebar blocks (OJS 3.0+ and OMP 1.1.1+)

Should I delete the previous version?

How can I execute this step: From your application’s installation directory, run the upgrade script:

$ php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

entra a la consola de tu server, en la carpeta donde tienes los archivos ojs corre ese comando… si lo que quieres es actualizar OJS a una version mas reciente ese es el comando.

How to update/ upgrade Custom Block Manager plugin ? It is showing this error:
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getSetting() on string in ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/controllers/grid/form/CustomBlockForm.inc.php on line 90

que version de php estas utilizando…? ademas si vas a actualizar la plataforma completa debes seguir los pasos correspondiente, que version de OJS estas usando.?

I am using following versions:
PHP: 5.6
OJS: 3.1.1

I am using following versions:
PHP: 5.6
OJS: 3.1.1

Hi @loveleentak,

Is it possible that you’re using OJS 3.1.1 with a version of the custom block manager plugin that came with a previous version of OJS?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

How can I upgrade it to make it work?

Hi @loveleentak,

Check your Plugin Gallery as administrator. But the documented upgrade process shouldn’t result in mismatched code versions – double-check that you followed the upgrade steps documented in docs/UPGRADE in a way that doesn’t result in a mix of your OJS code versions being combined.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Can you go specific, I have directly installed OJS 3.1.1, and I want to upgrade that plugin only. How can I do that?

While upgrading from Plugin gallery, it is asking to upload a file.

Even Plugin gallery is showing nothing using that I can upgrade custom block manager.

Hi @loveleentak,

Did you start with OJS 3.1.1, or did you upgrade from a previous version?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I started with OJS 3.1.1 only.

creo que tendras que actualizar a php7, es un consejo, esta version de OJS esta diseñada creo que bajo los codigos php7

Dennis Beltrán Romero
WebMaster Revista EduSol
Universidad Guantánamo
Tel: +5321326113 ext. 134

But OJS 3.1.1 is compatible with PHP 5.6 also.

If I change version to PHP 7.0 or 7.1 , it shows blank screen.