Getting fatal PHP error when using Custom Block Manager to create new blocks

cambia el tipo de driver de mysql, ponle mysqli, en php7 se actualizaron muchas consultas y codigos que estaban ya obsoletos

Where I have to make these changes sir ?

en el config.ini.php en la linea 124 driver = mysql ponerlo asi driver = mysqli

I started with OJS 3.1.1 only.

Thank you sir, will try this also.

intentalo y dices si te resulto.

Dennis Beltrán Romero
WebMaster Revista EduSol
Universidad Guantánamo
Tel: +5321326113 ext. 134

Thank you sir, Website is working now ,
But still I am facing the issue with Custom Block Manager Plugin. Now it is showing the following PHP Fatal error in error log file:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getSetting() on string in ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/controllers/grid/form/CustomBlockForm.inc.php:90
Stack trace:
#0 ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/controllers/grid/CustomBlockGridHandler.inc.php(174): CustomBlockForm->execute()
#1 ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(372): CustomBlockGridHandler->updateCustomBlock(Array, Object(Request))
#2 ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(256): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)
#3 ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))
#4 ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(247): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
#5 ojs/index.php(68): PKPApplicat in ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/controllers/grid/form/CustomBlockForm.inc.php on line 90

ya tienes la ultima version del ojs instalada al igual que el customBlockManager verdad, es una instalacion limpia la que estas haciendo o una actualizacion de una version anterior de OJS…?

Dennis Beltrán Romero
WebMaster Revista EduSol
Universidad Guantánamo

it a clean installation.

entonces no se porque te esta dando esos errores, ya tendras que apoyarte en otros con mas experiencias.

Dennis Beltrán Romero
WebMaster Revista EduSol
Universidad Guantánamo

@staff could have solution of this problem. Please check this issue.

Hi @loveleentak,

How did you install the custom block manager plugin originally?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

That was pre-installed in OJS 3.1.1

@staff
That was pre-installed in OJS 3.1.1

Don’t know what’s wrong with this version of OJS.

1. RSS feed is not working(Plugin is working but not showing on the website)
  2. Custom block plugin is not working

@staff any solution sir?

Hi @loveleentak,

I’m afraid I can’t replicate this behavior locally. It looks as though your custom block manager’s edit form isn’t able to fetch the custom block manager object in order to perform some of the form operations. If you’re handy with PHP, I would suggest investigating around the line that throws the error.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

But I installed fresh OJS 3.1.1, then way this issue occurs?
In theis way version 2 is better than this.:neutral_face:

Hi @loveleentak,

I’m using OJS 3.1.1, and haven’t encountered the same problem. I’ve looked over the code and can’t easily see how your situation would arise. Unfortunately it’s very difficult to debug remotely; I’d suggest investigating the code if you’re able.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This is the error it is showing sir:
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getSetting() on string in /ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/controllers/grid/form/CustomBlockForm.inc.php on line 90

@staff any solution sir? As I have tried installing OJS 3.1.1 on different hosting, and getting same error in log file.
This is the error :
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getSetting() on string in /ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/controllers/grid/form/CustomBlockForm.inc.php on line 90