Formatting lists in text editors not consistent

I’m using OJS 3.3.0.8

In the text editor for “Editorial Team” (and probably others as well), there icons for formatting lists (bullets and numbers). This is missing in other text edotrs (e.g. “Journal Summary”). How is this configured? With the “Text Editor Extras” plugin, I can configure the toolbar somehow, but not regarding the list formatting.

Hi @edelm,

When I enable all of the properties of the Text Editors Extras (images, code tables) - this doesn’t display the same way for me:

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.06.07 AM

Configuring the list options does not appear to be an option within the plugin. You haven’t customized the TinyMCE options outside of the plugin have you? The limited fields in Journal Summary would seem to suggest that you don’t have the settings options in the Text Editors Extra plugin enabled, like I did:

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.08.20 AM

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis

Thanks for your answer.
My screenshots show the out-of-the-box text fields, not with the activated Text Editors Extras (images, code tables). I included them to show that the icons to format a list are missing (with or without using the Text Editor Extras Plugin).

I also didn’t change anything in the TinyMCE Plugin. In fact, I just re-installed it (3_3_0-8) to make sure it’s in its original state.

Do you know on what the appearing of those toolbar items is depending?

I had a look at the demo instance at OJS3 Testdrive Journal (Login | OJS3 Testdrive Journal) and it seems, that it is by design:

Is there a way to configure it?

Hi @edelm,

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, the minimizing of the text editor properties is intentional. You can read a bit of an explanation about the rationale behind it here: Adding images to announcements in OJS 3.3 - Tiny MCE - #4 by rcgillis

So far, the Text Editor Extras is the only way to edit the properties for the text editor (other than customizing the code, which would be tricky and may have some ramifications).

-Roger
PKP Team