Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned while adding new user "Add User"

Hello Everyone,

I have the same error while I am trying to “Add new User”. I have installed OJS 3.2.0, everything works fine except this while new user creation. Please help I am stuck with this issue.

This is the error log file what it shows.

[25-Mar-2020 05:36:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bindtextdomain() in /home/wumkpdcedu/ojs.wumardan.edu.pk/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php:87
Stack trace:
#0 /home/wumkpdcedu/ojs.wumardan.edu.pk/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php(46): Sokil\IsoCodes\AbstractDatabase->bindGettextDomain()
#1 /home/wumkpdcedu/ojs.wumardan.edu.pk/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/IsoCodesFactory.php(65): Sokil\IsoCodes\AbstractDatabase->__construct(NULL)
#2 /home/wumkpdcedu/ojs.wumardan.edu.pk/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/settings/user/form/UserDetailsForm.inc.php(159): Sokil\IsoCodes\IsoCodesFactory->getCountries()
#3 /home/wumkpdcedu/ojs.wumardan.edu.pk/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/settings/user/UserGridHandler.inc.php(287): UserDetailsForm->display(Object(Request))
#4 /home/wumkpdcedu/ojs.wumardan.edu.pk/lib/pkp/controllers/grid/settings/user/UserGridHandler.inc.php(264): UserGridHandler->editUser(Array, Object(Request))
#5 /home/wumkpdcedu/ojs.wumardan.edu.pk/lib/pkp/classes in /home/wumkpdcedu/ojs.wumardan.edu.pk/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/sokil/php-isocodes/src/AbstractDatabase.php on line 87

Best Regards
PJHSSR Team

Hi @pjhssr,

See e.g. The 500 error in registration page

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Yup I checked and tried but still not succeed…

Hi @pjhssr,

Can you clarify what you tried?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

I am trying to add a new user “Add User” for each journal a separate user and that user can be a Reviewer, Author, Journal Manager, Journal Editor, Indexer etc it shows me the same error 6986d2ccc3ac6584c12055a174bcd9a4e725d585_2_690x257

Hi @pjhssr,

I’m referring to the suggestion at the thread I linked above. Did you try that solution? If so, what specifically did you try?

Regards,
Alec Smecher