Error with announcement notification emails

Hi, there Greetings,
We have recently upgraded from ojs3.2.1 to 3.2.1-1
We have generated an announcement for our readers but it sent empty emails to the journal readers. I tried it once more, but it again created an empty email without any subject and content in it. I got many emails from the readers about sending empty emails. I cannot generate any new announcement out of fear of again sending empty emails. It was working fine before the update. Is there any solution for it and can we test it without sending the email notification?
Help will be appreciated
Regards
Bilal

Hi @blmirza,

Thanks for reporting – I’ve filed this at Announcement emails sent blank after upgrade · Issue #6084 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. Watch there for a solution.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@blmirza, on second thought – what language are you using? It’s possible/likely that the new email template hasn’t been translated into your language.

Sir, we have not changed any language setting
it’s US en since we have started OJS.

Thanks for the help
Regards

Hi @blmirza,

In your Settings > Workflow > Emails area, under “Email Templates”, do you have an email template called ANNOUNCEMENT? For example (in French):
If not, create a new one. You can get the default subject, body, and description from the locale files: ojs/emails.po at 3_2_1-1 · pkp/ojs · GitHub

Make sure that the email key is ANNOUNCEMENT, so that OJS knows that this is the one to send when you create a new announcement.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sir Thanks for the help. It is now solved.
Steps
I saw the code ojs/locale/en_US/emails.po#L1054…L1066 It was ok
I saw Settings > Workflow > Emails area, under “Email Templates
It showed announcement but withoiut any information in it
When I checked its subject and body was empty

I populated it with usual contents

Now its starts working, I have checked it by generating an announcement.

Thanks for the help.
Best Regards
Bilal

1 Like