Embed audio OJS 3

Hi there,

Using OJS 3, I’m wondering how to directly embed audio onto an article landing page. At present, I am only able to get an icon to show up on the article landing page, which upon click, takes me to a new page where the audio is embedded.

This is not ideal.

Emily !

Hi @emilycarlisle,

I’m not sure I’ve seen an example of article content being embedded directly into the table of contents – but it’s something you could accomplish with a child theme that overrides the templates/frontend/objects/issue_toc.tpl template, which is responsible for presenting the table of contents.

Alternately, you could probably do it entirely with Javascript – something like this – and link that into OJS using the custom header plugin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

Apologies if my initial post was not clear. I don’t mean into the table of contents–I mean into the article landing page. Currently, all I have is an icon that links to a new page where the audio is embedded. I would like the audio file embedded directly into an article landing page, so that it can be played from there.

Hi @emilycarlisle,

Ah – you were clear, I just read too fast.

The same applies, however, but for a child plugin the template would be templates/frontend/objects/article_summary.tpl.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team