Editing pages in OJS3

Greetings! I am trying to correct some information to a page that has no edit link even when I am logged in admin. I have tried to look for it in the cpanel/file manager (“author-instructions”) also but to no avail. It appears that the page (and the information has survived multiple migrations 1.5 → 2.3 → 3.x.x), but now I cannot even find it in the Admin’s UI. The page is still visible though. This is the link to the page: Instructions for Authors | Translation: The University of Toledo Journal of Medical Sciences and as admin, I should be able to see the edit link. Any suggestions on where I should look? Thanks!
Arjun

Hi @asabhar,

I see you’re using version 3.2.1 (in the future, please indicate your OJS version in your post). If you’re logged in as journal manager, if you go to Settings > Workflow > Submission - do you see the text of this page there?

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks Roger! I use 3.2.1.1. My apologies for omitting the version information.

When I gop to Settings > Workflow > Submission I only see the text of the “Author Guidelines” with a link to the Instructions for Authors, but I do not see the page with its own text. It would appear that the latter might have beeen a static page at one time, but it does not appear there either (under "Settings > Website Settings > Static Pages). I did create a new static page, which I can edit, but would eventually like to be able to delete the older page, which is still accessible.

Best!
–Arjun

Hi @asabhar,

If you’re not finding any indication of this page as a static page, or through any of the other OJS settings options, I wonder if it’s possible that your instance would have been customized to have this is as a separate page, prior to the static pages having been introduced? You might have to check with your systems administrator folks (if that’s not you) to be sure. Either way, you might be best suited to just replacing it with a static page with this same information - that might save you from having to maintain this page.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you, Roger,

I am the admin (scary thought…I am not in IT but inherited the role of the OJS admin as a digital initiatives librarian when we migrated out of Digital Commons and chose OJS for our Open Access journals). I was trying to locate this page in cpanel, hoping that older physical (or static page) may be located deep within the file structure. I searched with “author-instructions” but nothing turned up. Author Guidelines, on the other hand, features dynamically created content, so its URL ends with submissions#authorGuidelines. I tried looking for submissions#authorInstructions, but without any luck there. I have created a new static page (Instructions for Authors | Translation: The University of Toledo Journal of Medical Sciences), which I can edit but worry that someone discovering the old page may be using old information. Still, it is better to have the new page in place because if visitors click around, they will get to the new page eventually.
All my best!
Arjun