Wrong Edit-Link for Author Guidelines, OJS 3.0.2

Hi,

the Edit-Link on [frontend]/about/submissions goes to management/settings/journal#guidelines instead of management/settings/publication#submissionStage.

And by the way: Is there a reason why there are only a few edit links? For me, it would be more intuitive to have all or none.

best,
Carola

Hi @carola,

I’ve always liked these, but they haven’t been applied to more than a few spots, and as with any rare feature they’re not well maintained. I’ve filed this for more attention at Review/fix edit links · Issue #2312 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi, @asmecher

Have there been any changes regarding edit links? I am trying to edit a page as admin but the edit link is missing. Most pages show the Edit link on the top right, but not this one (Instructions for Authors | Translation: The University of Toledo Journal of Medical Sciences – well, it is not visible to the public, but the links does not appear to me either). Where do I find the authors-instructions page in the cpanel or in the OJS’s IU? I have the PDF copy in the Publisher Library, but I also need to change the web version.

Thank you very much in advance for any pointers you may be able to provide me.
Arjun

Hi @asabhar,

I see you’ve also posted this here: Editing pages in OJS3

Someone will respond to that thread; it’s best not to post the same question in multiple places, as it clutters the forum.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks, Alec.

I wasn’t sure which topic it should belong to and I was searching the forum differently, so I realized that a response may come from those threads instead. Along the way, I found one suggestion helpful: to create a new static page, copy the original text over to that one, make the changes, and then link to that new page. Best! – Arjun

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.