Disable submission to category/categories

Hi,
Is it possible to disable submissions to categories, or at least to certain categories? I’ve seen that such an option exists for sections, but I haven’t found an equivalent for categories. Am I missing something?

Hi @denismaier,

I don’t think such an option exists for categories - but I can check to be more certain - can you please indicate, which version you’re using (e.g. 3.3.-0-9), and please include this information in your posts?

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks for your swift reply. I have to admit I’m not sure. Where can I find this kind of information?
I think we’re somewhere on 3.3. (It’s that journal: https://judaica.ch on bop.unibe.ch.)

Hi @denismaier,

For determining version #, please see the post here: How do I determine my PKP software's version?

With your link, I was able to see that you’re running 3.3.0.12.

As for your issue, I note that this is already an open issue/feature request here: Add an option to enable/disable categories in submission workflow · Issue #6306 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub - it does look like work is being done on improving this in OJS version 3.4 (due out early in 2023).

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks! That’s very helpful.

Yes, that’s exactly what I need! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. (I have actually searched with duckduckgo for the “disable category submission ojs” but that did not found the linked issue on github. Interestingly, google finds it though. Next time I should probably search directly on github…)

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.