Current issue not showing in OJS 3.0.2

The journal current issue page still shows the former issue even after adding two recent issues. Is there a solution to this problem?
Thank you in advance

Hi @euser,

How are you adding these new issues? Are you adding them in order, or in reverse order?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher
I add them in order.
For instance I added issue number 8 in April 2017. Then I added a new issue - Volume 9 in May 2017. It still shows the number 8 issue as current.
Regards
Ahmet

Hi @euser,

When you hit “Publish” on the issue the current issue should be set. If that’s not happening, can you check your PHP error log to see if anything is appearing there?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Solved.
I found out that in the mysqqli database there are multiple issues that are marked as “current”.
I manually changed the entries in the past issues and there remained only the last issue marked as “current”
If it happens again I will do the same.

Dear all

I have the same problem. After updating to OJS 3.1, my current issue is not shown in homepage of the juornal.
Please not I have check database and my final issue is checked as current but in homepage another issue is showing. I also checked the order and it’s correct.
Is there any way where I can select which issue displayed in homepage? or this a bug?

Thnaks

hi dear @asmecher
when i update my ojs 3 to 3.1.0.1, i have this problem too
i think this is a problem on 3.1.0.1, because when i change current issue on wizard or set 1 on current property in issues db table , current doesn’t work…

please check this
thanks

Hi @amirhosein,

Can you check your PHP error log after viewing the homepage to see if there’s anything relevant there?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher i check that, there are no any error on errorlog

Hi @amirhosein,

Can you describe the problem in more detail?

• Is the wrong issue (without issues.current set to 1) displaying on the homepage, or is no issue displaying?
  • Have you ensured that there is only a single issue in your issues table with current set to 1?
  • Does the “Current” link (on the top right of the homepage) go to the correct issue?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher No , current has shown
But Last issue just show one of issue on site, This is the issue that we had before the update to 3.1.0.1 version
In the other word , Although i change current at wizard to another issue, current issue show just 1 issue and no change to new current
This is like as a catch …

-We dont have 2 true parameter on issue.current

-We have several site, but when update these to 3.1.0.1 , see this problem on all of them
For example in 1 of these, have about 50 issue

Hi @amirhosein,

I’m afraid I’m having a hard time both visualizing what you describe, and thinking of why it would arise. Could you describe what you’re seeing step by step, using screenshots if possible? Are you using any nonstandard plugins (including themes) or code modifications?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher thanks for your reply

After updating to ojs 3.1.0.1, publishing new issue does not change current issue shown in homepage. Regarding to your questions, here are the answers:

• No matter what issues.current is set to 1, always one specific issue is shown in homepage.
  • Yes I have checked and there is only one issue.current set to 1.
  • No. By pressing “Current” link in menu, the same wrong issue is shown as is shown on the homepage.
  • We have figured out after publishing new issue, current issue in the issues.current correctly sets to 1, but in homepage and “Current” link on the menu show wrong issue. By the way changing a very old issues.current to 1, current issue on the homepage is always the one specific issue.
  • Which steps do you need screenshots? It’s publishing issue progress.
  • No we have not installed any plugins.

Thanks for your Help

Hi all,

Would one of you be willing to provide me privately with…

• a database dump, and
  • a .tar.gz archive of the installation directory?

No need for the files directory. I’m having trouble replicating this behavior locally, though I suspect it’s a case of variable clobbering in the template system. If I can see the behavior locally, I can track it down.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear Asmecher,

The same problem occurs.
For instance
the list of current volume is Archives | Bioremediation Science and Technology Research
but if you click current
this will be shown instead
Vol 4 No 2 (2016) | Bioremediation Science and Technology Research

The problem starts when we add back issues after publishing the most current issue. The system acts as if the back issue is current, as it is the latest to be added.

Hi all,

For at least one user, the problem was resolved by turning off Memcache caching (the object_cache setting) in config.inc.php. I do not recommend using Memcache support with OJS at the moment – it has not received a lot of use, and I’m not aware of a need for it to resolve a performance bottleneck.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks asmecher for the info. PKP OJS has helped us a lot, thanks to everyone involved. This is minor glitch that perhaps can be resolved in newer released versions.

hi @asmecher
thank you very much
my problem solved