Changing the text in the dashboard does not change the text on the website

Describe the issue or problem
When editing one of the texts of the journal (specifically the ‘author guidelines’) on the dashboard, the updated text is not shown on the website.

Steps I took leading up to the issue

• The website and author guidelines said ‘November 1st’
  • I updated ‘author guidelines’ to say ‘November 30th’
  • The author guidelines field on the dashboard now says ‘November 30th’ (even after reloading or logging in as another user), but on the website it still says ‘November 1st’.

What application are you using?
OJS 3.3.0.7.

Additional information

• I noticed that I don’t see the little pen with ‘edit’ anymore when looking at the website as the administrator.
  • I tried this solution, clearing the data cache and the template cache; it did not make a difference.

Hi @KayWP,

Did you try editing this within the settings, rather than using the inline editing: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/settings-workflow#author-guidelines - I wonder if that would make a difference?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello @rcgillis ,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I tried to edit it under settings/workflow#submission/authorGuidelines, but that did not change anything on the actual site. It only changed the text there; it still has the old text on the site.

Hi @KayWP,

Hmm… not sure what might be going on here. Could your check your PHP error logs and report back on any relevant errors here?

-Roger
PKP Team

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.