Can't Login or register OJS 3

I was using OJS 3.1.2.4 and also upgraded to OJS 3.2.0.2.
My issue is with the Login and registration.
I can’t login with any account in OJS, always stuck at login page. And same with the registration, I am not able to register. On registration it shows:
Errors occurred processing this form:

And in error Log following error occurs:
[29-Apr-2020 13:56:18 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: session_regenerate_id(): Cannot regenerate session id - session is not active in /home/gnpubtvo/public_html/ephjournal.org/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 247

The upgrade didn’t help me out to resolve the issue.

Please help us out in login issue of OJS.
Looking forward to your positive response.
Naveen Malik
India

same problem here, any luck? Users try a couple of times and then are able to login, but sometimes they can’t submit the articles after that, the system hangs after the “submit” button is pressed.

Hi all,

@navmalik, are there any other relevant messages in your error log?

@milach, do you see the same error in your log? If not, it’s probably not the same issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

it seems like the same error
" Cannot regenerate session id - session is not active in /var/www/html/ojs312/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 247, referer: …"

Then either the user can’t login or they get a “your access has been denied, the access to this page is currently blocked” * after the login, while submitting an article.

Two users reported it.

I tried several times with different users and I was able to submit without any issue though,

*translating the message from portuguese there.

Hi @milach,

Do you see other warnings/error messages like these ones…

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate.dpgpsifpm.com.br/lib/pkp/classes/security/Validation.inc.php:58) in /home/dpgpsifp/psicodebate.dpgpsifpm.com.br/lib/pkp/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 225

…described on this thread?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

No, I don’t, the only other thing I got is
[Fri May 08 13:24:00.814362 2020] [php7:warn] [pid 2159] [client 170.79.193.182:43966] PHP Warning: Declaration of ArticleGalleyGridHandler::fetchRow($args, $request) should be compatible with GridHandler::fetchRow(&$args, $request) in /var/www/html/ojs312/controllers/grid/articleGalleys/ArticleGalleyGridHandler.inc.php on line 0, referer: http://ojs3.cpafap.embrapa.br/index.php/CLP/workflow/index/240/1

Hi @milach,

And just to confirm, are you getting these messages in the PHP error log, or on the browser? Are errors/warnings configured to go to the error log? (If not, they should be.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher
No error message or warning occurs but I found the solution in forum old thread.
I just turned off the session IP Check in config.inc.php file.
session_check_ip = Off

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @navmalik,

Glad to hear you got it resolved – and thanks for following up!

Alec Smecher