Author´s name missing on web page

When I publish a new issue, the web page is showing only the title of articles, pdf file, and pages. Authors names are not included, you can see them only after a click on the title and redirecting to particular article details.
Do you have the same experience? Or do you know how to fix it in settings?ojs%20authors

Hi @Mirka_Pavlikova,

Looks like you have done some modificaitons to the default thema, right? Maybe that is the reason.
Have the authors been listed in the default thema, without any modificatoins? Is it possible to verify it and try changing the looka back to the default?

Regards, Primož

Hi, I got the same problem after upgrade from 3.1.2.4 to 3.2.0.1

Author name display on backend

but does not appear on the article page

link artikel http://ajstd.org/index.php/ajstd/article/view/559
and many more articles that experience the same thing, can be checked in http://ajstd.org/index.php/ajstd/issue/view/77

in the previous ojs there were no problems, can be checked in
http://old.ajstd.org/index.php/ajstd/article/view/559
http://old.ajstd.org/index.php/ajstd/issue/view/77

I have tried changing the theme to default, it remains the same

Error Log

[22-Apr-2020 22:26:06 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function APP\Services\SubmissionService::getInSections(), 1 passed in /home/ajstd/public_html/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedGatewayPlugin.inc.php on line 122 and exactly 2 expected in /home/ajstd/public_html/classes/services/SubmissionService.inc.php:151
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ajstd/public_html/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedGatewayPlugin.inc.php(122): APP\Services\SubmissionService->getInSections('77')
#1 /home/ajstd/public_html/pages/gateway/GatewayHandler.inc.php(230): WebFeedGatewayPlugin->fetch(Array, Object(Request))
#2 /home/ajstd/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(391): GatewayHandler->plugin(Array, Object(Request))
#3 /home/ajstd/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(231): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)
#4 /home/ajstd/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(143): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
#5 /home/ajstd/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPAppl in /home/ajstd/public_html/classes/services/SubmissionService.inc.php on line 151
[22-Apr-2020 22:28:40 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught  --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "app:app:frontendpagessearchAuthor"  on line 44 "{if (!$issueUnavailable || $publication->getData('accessStatus') == $smarty.const.ARTICLE_ACCESS_OPEN}}"  - Unexpected "}" <--
  thrown in /home/ajstd/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 44

Server Information

Setting Name Setting Value
OS platform Linux
PHP version 7.3.16
Apache version Apache
Database driver mysqli
Database server version 10.0.38-MariaDB
OJS version 3.2.0.1

hey @andrewdion04

Out of curiosity, did you also recently upgrade your version of PHP? You’re using 7.3 there - any chance you can try your 3.2 installation with PHP 7.2?

Cheers,
Jason

now using PHP 7.2

still error

[23-Apr-2020 15:59:16 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught → Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template “app:app:frontendpagessearchAuthor” on line 44 “{if (!$issueUnavailable || $publication->getData(‘accessStatus’) == $smarty.const.ARTICLE_ACCESS_OPEN}}” - Unexpected “}” ←
thrown in /home/ajstd/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 44
[23-Apr-2020 15:59:54 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught → Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template “app:app:frontendpagessearchAuthor” on line 44 “{if (!$issueUnavailable || $publication->getData(‘accessStatus’) == $smarty.const.ARTICLE_ACCESS_OPEN}}” - Unexpected “}” ←
[23-Apr-2020 16:02:19 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught → Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template “app:app:frontendpagessearchAuthor” on line 44 “{if (!$issueUnavailable || $publication->getData(‘accessStatus’) == $smarty.const.ARTICLE_ACCESS_OPEN}}” - Unexpected “}” ←
[23-Apr-2020 16:07:33 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught → Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template “app:app:frontendpagessearchAuthor” on line 44 “{if (!$issueUnavailable || $publication->getData(‘accessStatus’) == $smarty.const.ARTICLE_ACCESS_OPEN}}” - Unexpected “}” ←

Hi @andrewdion04

Okay, so the problem is clearer now. It appears that you have a syntax error in a theme template. Is it possible for you to try a different theme temporarily to see if author names appear?

The error is:

{if (!$issueUnavailable || $publication->getData(‘accessStatus’) == $smarty.const.ARTICLE_ACCESS_OPEN}}

That first closing } should be a ) instead I believe.

Cheers,
Jason

I change using the default theme(OJS 3.2.0.1) but the author’s name does not appear, can be checked here
http://3201.ajstd.org/index.php/ajstd/article/view/559
http://3201.ajstd.org/index.php/ajstd/issue/view/77

error log

[24-Apr-2020 09:42:16 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Core::_getBaseUrlAndPath() should not be called statically in /home/ajstd/public_html/3201/lib/pkp/classes/core/Core.inc.php on line 231
[24-Apr-2020 09:42:22 Asia/Jakarta] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function saveXml() on null in /home/ajstd/public_html/3201/classes/plugins/PubObjectsExportPlugin.inc.php:372
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ajstd/public_html/3201/plugins/importexport/crossref/CrossrefInfoSender.inc.php(124): PubObjectsExportPlugin->exportXML(Array, ‘article=>crossr…’, Object(Journal))
#1 /home/ajstd/public_html/3201/plugins/importexport/crossref/CrossrefInfoSender.inc.php(66): CrossrefInfoSender->_registerObjects(Array, ‘article=>crossr…’, Object(Journal), ‘articles’)
#2 /home/ajstd/public_html/3201/lib/pkp/classes/scheduledTask/ScheduledTask.inc.php(146): CrossrefInfoSender->executeActions()
#3 /home/ajstd/public_html/3201/lib/pkp/plugins/generic/acron/PKPAcronPlugin.inc.php(257): ScheduledTask->execute()
#4 [internal function]: PKPAcronPlugin->shutdownFunction()
#5 {main}
thrown in /home/ajstd/public_html/3201/classes/plugins/PubObjectsExportPlugin.inc.php on line 372

OJS 3.1.2.4 author name appear
http://old.ajstd.org/index.php/ajstd/article/view/559
http://old.ajstd.org/index.php/ajstd/issue/view/77

main domain (ajstd.org) using OJS 3.2.0.2

Same problem here. OJS 3.2.0-2, using either standard theme or Manuscript theme (already updated). Our journal accepts submissions in English, in Portuguese and in Spanish, and all three languages are enabled in the website as well.

In some articles, the authors’ names are not shown when viewing the web pages in other languages. The first screenshot shows the page in Portuguese, the second screenshot shows the same page in English.

Screenshot_20200424_114039

Screenshot_20200424_114103

hey @lcduarte

Out of curiosity, because author names are localized in OJS 3.1 (and 3.2), have you entered both Portuguese and English versions for the author name on those submissions? My understanding is that OJS is supposed to choose whatever is available if one locale is not populated, but perhaps there is a bug in 3.2.

Cheers,
Jason

No, usually our submissions do not include versions of authors’ names in other languages. They never did.

Hey @lcduarte

Do you think you can do a small test? Can you try adding the same author name in both locales for one of the submissions that is missing author names and see if it shows afterward? This may be a bug in OJS 3.2 if so.

Cheers,
Jason

Yes, I believe this is a bug. I unpublished a recent submission which presented this error. The submission was in English. Authors’ names are not shown when reading the site in Portuguese, but they are shown in English.

When I unpublished the submission, in order to edit its data, I found out that I am not allowed to edit the data in English. On the other hand, the authors’ names are shown only in English.

The following screenshots show two editing screens, first in Portuguese and then in English.

Screenshot_20200426_121413

Screenshot_20200426_121441

Screenshot_20200426_121529

Screenshot_20200426_121550

Hi all,

I believe this is filed at https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/5588; please watch for a resolution there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,
this link is not working:

Regards,
Adriano Moreno

Hi @Adriano_Jose,

Corrected above – the forum software included the ; in the URL.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team