Articles in Press or Forthcoming - OJS

Hi All,

We have implemented OJS for [Irish Geography Journal (http://irishgeography.ie/) since 2014. The current OJS version we are using is OJS 2.4.8.1 and will be upgrading shortly.

The question here is, there is a menu for current and archives. Is it possible to have a menu for those articles that are in transition (submitted articles pending publishing). In our experience, it would be helpful if we have such a menu available for articles that are in press/forthcoming to inform readers of what is coming up in the next issue.

In_Press

I have tried to add custom menus and create static pages as a short-term measure but if this option can be built into the OJS, it would be very useful in the longer term.

If anyone has had similar experiences, we would be happy to hear and if there is a solution already in place, all the better. Any suggestions and comments would be appreciated.

Tine Ningal
UCD, Dublin, Ireland.

I have a plugin that does this for OJS 3.1: GitHub - ajnyga/forthcoming: OJS3 plugin for showing forthcoming articles

1 Like

Thank you Ajnyga,

This sounds like we have to upgrade to OJS 3 first :slight_smile:

There are several better reasons to go for 3.1 than my plugin. It is simply a completely new system.

can i use that in OJS 3.0.2 ?

I think you can but there was a hook that changed in OJS 3.1. that the plugin is using.

This forthcoming/ForthcomingPlugin.inc.php at master · ajnyga/forthcoming · GitHub
should be TemplateManager::display in OJS3.0.2, but I do recommend upgrading to 3.1.1

for now i can’t upgrade but i want to get a new in top of current page there is Article in Press

Hi everyone
The Forthcoming plugin does not work on OJS 3.2. Any solution?

Yes, it is not a plugin that I maintain officially (in the plugin gallery) but one that we use at Journal.fi. However, we have not yet upgraded to OJS3.2 so have not updated the plugin yet.

There are some big conceptual changes in OJS that affect the plugin. Have not considered yet hot it affects the Forthcoming plugin. I will probably look at it later this week.

1 Like

Thank you so much @ajnyga

This plugin was very useful for me. I hope we have this plugin for the latest versions of OJS.

Mr. @ajnyga please develop this for OJS 3.1.1.4. I try to install this plugin but not work.

@ajnyga is there a working plugin I can use to show “in press” for OJS 3.1.2.4?

1 Like

Dear ajnyga

Desperately waiting for your Forthcoming plugin to work in OJS 3.2.
Regards

Talat Waseem

@Veliyana_L.A @tningal @vebaev @Talat_Waseem @Muhammad_Khoiruddin @

Special thanks to @ajnyga for upgrading the plugin https://github.com/ajnyga/forthcoming.

You can use it till https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/download/ojs-3.3.0-6.tar.gz as today.

thank you so much. its working

Thank you all. I have a problem, have installed plugin but the Forthcoming Issue does not show any content in final output. Advise required. Regards

Dear @Talat_Waseem

Please try a change on
4. Go to Navigation menu settings and add the Forthcoming listing page to your menu. If you want a different name, you can just create a new custom url menu item and point it to the Forthcoming listing page.

We changed the custom url to remote url I don’t know that is a perfect workflow or not but it works.

You can check our forthcoming page: Forthcoming | International Journal for Innovation Education and Research

Wonderful and it worked perfectly. Thanks

The Forthcoming plugin does not work on OJS 3.3.0.7. Any solution?

Hi @kerimsarigul,

This is an older thread, can you perhaps post your question and outline the issue you are experiencing in a separate post, please? This will help keep the forum organized. Please be sure to indicate the version of OJS you are using as well as the version of the plugin in your post.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team