An unexpected error occurred. You may have been logged out. Please reload the page and try again

I am getting the following error message:

“An unexpected error occurred. You may have been logged out. Please reload the page and try again…”

For any activity like save, edit, publish etc. I am logging as Editor and Manage too. In both cases the same error.

1 Like

Hi @Sridhar_Gutam,

Which of our applications are you using, and what version? (Please include this in your posts.)

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

We just upgraded to 3.2 and what ever role you take… Manager or Editor, not able to do any corrections. Was using the the Quicksubmit plugin to load the published articles. By default it is going to another section and when I want to change to another, its not permitting.

Error message comes saying that you are not logged out and reload the page. Its not saving the edits.

https://jhs.iihr.res.in/index.php/jhs

Editor’s Exordium

to be changed to Review (instead of Editor’s Exordium)

Thanks

Sridhar

Hi @Sridhar_Gutam,

Can you describe the exact path you’re taking through the system? Screenshots or a screen capture video would help; feel free to send this privately if you’d rather.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher

Please see the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oTCA6w0nqSvM20SCHtLR7WtwPS-jjJh7/view?usp=drivesdk

I logged in as admin. Still I am not able to edit the published submission.

Sridhar

Now not able to publish any issue. Please see the screenshot.Issues

Neither I am able to delete the unpublished issue. Please see the screenshot.Issues2

Hi @Sridhar_Gutam,

When you go back e.g. to your journal’s homepage, are you forced to log in again?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher

Now, it will only show the notification. And does not allow me to save the edits.

Yesterday, I removed issue which was published a issue galley. And when I tried to upload issue, its not allowing. Kept the browser for long time even still its not allowing to publish any issue.

I was logging as Editor, Journal Editor and Admin. None its supporting.

Please help.

Regards
Sridhar

Hi @Sridhar_Gutam,

Can you confirm – when you go e.g. to the journal homepage after seeing this message, are you forced to log in again?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher
Now I am not seeing the message. But not able to publish any issue. Please see the screen shot. Not able to add any article or publish issue.

Please help.
Issues

Hi @Sridhar_Gutam,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher

Please see the screen shot. I will share the PHP error logs as well. I am not IT admin. But only user. Will ask my friend to get the error logs to share.
Journal%20Settings

Hi @asmecher
The browser does not make me forciblly to login. But it shows the error messages. And it does not allow me to save any edits made.

Hi @Sridhar_Gutam,

Check your browser’s developer tools – I suspect the request that attempts to save the settings is being mistakenly intercepted by a security tool on your server. The response code will indicate if this is the case.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @1118

Similar issues were are also facing. Its not allowing any admin actions: saving the content edited on the website, publication of issues, editing of the articles added to the issues etc.

We are not able to log into physical servers right now but our server admin will look for the error logs and post soon.

Dear Sir,

I also have the same issue after upgrading to 3.2.0.-1. I am unable to save any edits in the metadata of article. I pressed F12 after I pressed the save button and got the error message given below.

Please see below the error message from the browser after pressing F12. Kindly resolve the issue as early as possible as we are unable to publish any issue and also it is not possible to revert back (downgrade) to previous version of OJS.

jquery.js?v=3.2.0.1:9725 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user’s experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
send @ jquery.js?v=3.2.0.1:9725
tinymce.js?v=3.2.0.1:13938 [Intervention] Slow network is detected. See Intervention: WebFonts use adaptive timeouts to take fallback fonts - Chrome Platform Status for more details. Fallback font will be used while loading: http://www.scigreen.com/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/tinymce/tinymce/skins/lightgray/fonts/tinymce.woff
/index.php/JBPT/api/v1/submissions/58/publications/52:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 (Method Not Allowed)
DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: http://www.scigreen.com/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/tinymce/tinymce/skins/lightgray/skin.min.css.map

1 Like

We did not have time to wait for a solution to this problem, so we resumed our backup copy of the site with version OJS 3.1.2.1

Hi @Editor_JBPT,

This is a helpful clue:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 (Method Not Allowed)

OJS doesn’t make this kind of response by itself, so I suspect your web server is blocking the PUT request that OJS uses to save the settings page. I’d suggest reviewing your web server’s configuration, and perhaps its security log if it has one, to ensure that PUT requests are allowed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

HI asmecher, Thanks a lot for your reply to enable the PUT requests in my web server. I have asked my web hosting company to enable PUT requests to my website in the server. They have enabled it. Meanwhile, I have downgraded my OJS version to 3.1.2.1 to publish recent issue. So, now, I am unable to test it. I will upgrade my OJS to 3.2.0.-1 again and test soon. However, your suggestion solved my another problem [Texture plugin - Not saving the edits]. Many Thanks.

1 Like