Advice needed: Upgrading OJS 3.2.1-4 to 3.3.0-7

Hello sir,

I am writing to seek guidance on upgrading my OJS installation from version 3.2.1-4 to version 3.3.0-7.

I understand that the recommended upgrade path involves using an intermediate version like 3.2.4-4, but I am unable to locate this specific version for download on the official PKP website.

I would be grateful if you could advise on the following:

• Alternatives to using the unavailable intermediate version (3.2.4-4): Are there any alternative approaches or recommended upgrade paths I can consider for moving directly from 3.2.1-4 to 3.3.0-7?
  • Potential risks or considerations: If directly upgrading from 3.2.1-4 to 3.3.0-7 is possible, are there any specific risks or considerations I should be aware of?
  • Resources or recommendations: Are there any resources or recommendations you can suggest to help me navigate this upgrade process successfully?

I have thoroughly reviewed the official PKP upgrade guide and searched the community forum, but I haven’t found a clear solution for my specific situation with the unavailable intermediate version.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your insights and recommendations.

Hi @kunalojs,

There has never been an OJS 3.2.4-4; did you see a recommendation somewhere that this version be used? Perhaps it’s a typo.

You should be able to go right from 3.2.1-4 to 3.3.0-x. Make a complete backup before you try.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I upgrade 3.2.1-4 to 3.3.0.x then error occured :-

Errors occurred during installation:
• A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column ‘assoc_id’ at row 1 (SQL: ALTER TABLE email_log CHANGE assoc_type assoc_type BIGINT NOT NULL, CHANGE assoc_id assoc_id BIGINT NOT NULL).

Required any change in database setting?

see and verify the blow link:-