Admin and editor cannot currently have access to that stage of the workflow

I am a journal admin and editor. At the stage of copyediting and production, when I try to access the Schedule For Publication or publish then receive the error cannot currently have access to that stage of the workflow.
The system does not preview the options: Preview, Schedule For Publication, and publish.
Previously it was working fine. Even the user permission and setting are fine.
I have tried every solution on this platform but have not found any.

What application are you using?
#Current version: 3.3.0.13

Hi @Rohaan123,

Are you assigned as a participant for that particular submission, you may want to see this post here: Publishing Error - Need Help - #6 by mazen.abbas

-Roger
PKP Team

noted with thanks

I would like to add some notes for the author in submission step 1. Where I can find the file? I try to file the CSS or HTML file but was not found. How can i fine it. I try with other related post but not found.

thanks

Hi @Rohaan123,

Presumably you are in the review stage with the submission if you are looking to download it? You can see our documentation for how to go about this here: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/editorial-workflow#re-uploading-the-document

I’m not understanding the piece about accessing the CSS/HTML file - are you looking to modify the look/feel of your website? Or are you looking for files that are associated with the submission (e.g. supplementary files)?

-Roger
PKP Team

Actually,
I want to edit the submission form to add some notes for the authors above the submission checklist.

2nd, I want to add an option where authors can see their plagiarism report.

3rd, I want only the original file to go to iThenticate. Currently, all the files, including supplementary files submitted to iThenticate and create a different folder in iThenticate.

Hi @Rohaan123,

Thank you for elaborating. I’m not sure what to suggest for how to go about these options as I think they would involve some extensive customizations and integration with the iThenticate plugin. Hopefully another community member will be able to advise.

-Roger
PKP Team

yes, it’s important to do. because ithenticate is a paid service. other unnecessary files create an extra bills.

Hi @Rohaan123,

There are some related proposals on the plagiarism plugin’s github issue list:. Issues · pkp/plagiarism · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team