You are trying to downgrade the product "information" from version [1.0.0.1] to version [1.0.0.0]

Hi,

I’m trying to upgrade OJS from 3.1.2.1 to 3.2.0.1 and I’m encountering a error with the DB Upgrade :

You are trying to downgrade the product “information” from version [1.0.0.1] to version [1.0.0.0]. Downgrades are not supported.

Do you have any idea what the problem is ?

Thanks

Hi @Rob_Colbourn,

It looks like the version of Information Block Plugin in the database is higher than you are trying to install. But I’m not sure how it’s possible - the version should be 1.0.0.0 in both of these OJS versions. Have you made any changes to the plugin’s code?

Not to my knowledge,

Is there a way to revert this plugin to the original ?

@Rob_Colbourn,

I’m wondering if this issue has other potential problems.
If this is the only one, I’d restore the database from a backup, change the version in the database and run another upgrade attempt.
It’s in the table versions, the line where product = information. There are 4 relevant columns for versioning - major, minor, revision, build. According to your error, the build of the plugin is 1 and should be 0.
You can view if it’s true by running: SELECT build FROM versions WHERE product = 'information'. If build is 1, change it to 0 and try to upgrade again.

In my case, there were two entries for product-information. I deleted the wrong one and it’s now working.

Thank’s a lot