XML Import issue

Hi and congratulations for your great job.
I’m using OJS 3.0 and I would like to import almost 450 articles using xml import process.
I built an xml file and validated it with http://www.validome.org/ (see screenshot below).

But when I try to import it in OJS, it gives me an error:

##plugins.importexport.common.validationErrors##
Element ‘issue’: No matching global declaration available for the validation root.

Here is the xml file content:

`<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Número 1: junho de 1989 1 001 1989 Artigos ART 1 Noûs vs lógos - - Danilo Marcondes de Souza Filho email@email 7-14 1989-06-01 PDF `

Any idea?
Thanks for your help!!

Hi @gerome,

The OJS 3.0 XML format is quite different from the OJS 2.x XML format; have a look at plugins/importexport/native/native.xsd in your OJS 3.0 installation for a schema descriptor.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,
is there a tool available to convert OJS2 format XML files to OJS3? I’d like to test OJS3 with data imported from our current OJS 2.4.8-1 install.

Regards,
Ales

Hi @AlesKladnik,

There isn’t yet, though we’ve discussed an XSL file to convert between them. However, why not duplicate the install and try the upgrade process? That’s a more complete migration of all data than the XML can currently support.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

we have the same problem. We would like to import a journal from our OJS 2.4.8.1 Version into our OJS 3 installation. You mentioned, there wasn’t a tool for converting XML files yet, but has been something developed in the meantime? Our installation is very large, so it is a bit of a problem to duplicate it for some small tests.

Kind regards
Daniela

Hi @UBWolf,

At the moment, the best approach is still to duplicate the installation and run an upgrade.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

thank you for your answer! That’s unfortunate for us. Is there a possibility there will be a tool some day? Because it is likely we will transfer a OJS Journal from one installation to the other and maybe one of them is an older installation.

Kind regards
Daniela

Hi @UBWolf,

We’ve discussed this a few times internally, but don’t yet have an urgent enough use case that it’s bumped our other priorities down the line. Unfortunately it’s the normal situation of too much to do and not enough time to do it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

of course! I know there are more urgent problems :slight_smile: I haven’t assumed it’s something you work on right now or even soon. I just wanted to know if it is something you have in mind for some time in the future.

Thank you for your help! I am always amazed how fast I got answers here!

Kind regards
Daniela

1 Like

Hi @ltenorio

Can you start this in a new topic? It’s not really relevant to the XML discussion in this thread.

Thanks
Jason