XML Export Plugins in OPS3.3.0.8

Dear all,

We are testing the export tool in OPS 3.3.0.8.

In OPS 3.3.0.8, Only “CrossRef XML Export Plugin” is shown in the Plugin gallery as Export tool, but the “Native XML Plugin”, “DOAJ Export Plugin”, and “PubMed XML Export” etc. that were supported in previous versions isn’t supported in this version?

Relatedly, We’re thinking of developing a dedicated XML Export Plugin when depositing a dissertation in a DOI depositor separate from Crossref.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Minoru_Tanabe,

Native XML, DOAJ, and PubMed export plugins are geared towards journal articles, and not so much preprints, so I think that might explain why they are not included in OPS. If they were there in a previous version, that might have been a holdover from OJS, since they use the same codebase. I’ll check to be sure, but I don’t think there are immediate plans to use these plugins with OPS. Interesting to hear about your plugin, please do share the details here on the forum when it’s developed.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis ,

Thank you for your reply.
I understand the current situation and the the immediate plan of OPS.
The plug-in I plan to develop here is not for Crossref, but for the deposit center in Japan, so I think it is not very versatile.
If I have any questions during development, I will ask you another question.

Best regards,
Minoru Tanabe

Hi @Minoru_Tanabe,

There should be a Native XML import/export plugin for OPS. You should be able to access it when logged in as an administrator by going to Tools > Import/Export.

The plug-in I plan to develop here is not for Crossref, but for the deposit center in Japan, so I think it is not very versatile.

That sounds interesting, and it might be more useful to others than you think. Please share it when it’s completed.

Hi @NateWr,

This is what I see in our test drive instance for OPS in Tools → Import/Export:

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 7.53.29 AM

I don’t think it’s there? Unless you have access to another instance that has it?

-Roger

You’re right. It looks like this is only in the main branch. That means that it will likely be released with 3.4.0.