Wrong format in review due and response dates

Hi. im having a problem with the review due date and review response date inputs, in the ‘add reviewer’ option, in the review phase of the workflow.

as you can see, the date inside these inputs has the format mm/yyyy. If i change the date to another day in the same month, the input doesn’t change visually. Nonetheless, i’m sure that the date is changing correctly internally, it just has the wrong visual format.

i’m sure that the date is storing ok because the workflow continues correctly. there is a hidden input that always has the correct value, and if i remove the hidden property, you can see it works well:

my question is: how do i change this behavior? how do i modify the format of these inputs? can you tell me where should i start looking to find the file that has this input?

thank you in advance.

Hi @angel208,

Did you customize the date formats in config.inc.php? I would suggest reverting those changes – see Changing date formats in config.inc.php can lead to misparsed dates · Issue #2689 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub for a description of the problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

hi @asmecher, actually i have two pages that are having the exact same problem. i did what you said and changed the date formats in config.inc.php to this:

date_format_trunc = “%m-%d”
date_format_short = “%d-%m-%Y”
date_format_long = “%d-%m-%Y”
datetime_format_short = “%Y-%m-%d %I:%M %p”
datetime_format_long = “%B %e, %Y - %I:%M %p”
time_format = “%I:%M %p”

and actually it worked in one of the pages:

but in the other one it didn’t work (notice that the format is “mm/yyyy” instead of “%d-%m-%Y” as it says in the config file)

the pages are in part similar but not equal. I’m afraid that the format may be being overwritten in another file. Is there another file that can overwrite the config file?

i tried cleaning cache in my browser but it didn’t work either.

thanks in advance.

Hi @angel208,

This will be fixed in OJS 3.2 as part of issue 4216. Meanwhile I’d suggest sticking with the default date formats.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team