In my institution they ask our researchers to deposit their preprint in the institutional repository (an invenio). On scenarios like this, make sense to install and promote OPS?
I mean, what are the benefits of OPS related with dspace, invenio, omeka or any other repo software?
Thanks for your time,
This is a wiki page where everybody can add and explain the OPS benefits:
At organization level:
- Let them accomplish with open-access mandate inside your institution.
- Spread the work of your researchers.
At technician’s level:
- Install, configure a tool you know (is very similar to OJS).
At user’s level:
- Publish in a tools you know (as said, looks like an OJS).
- Commenting the preprinted articles.
- Hypothesis integration.
- Spreading in the social networks (AddThis plugin).