Why OJS Journal not in General Google serch

Description of issue or problem I’m having:

Our journal was established nearly 6 months ago. But the journal is not found in google search. I don’t ask google scholar. I ask general google search. Even not index in google scholar. Can you check my website, please? The European Journal of Research and Development

Google search as site: The European Journal of Research and Development
just seen my archived page. I published new issue 3 days ago. It was showed but others nothnig.
Please, help.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A+https%3A%2F%2Fjournals.orclever.com%2Fejrnd%2F&sxsrf=APq-WBsb5UYYMGpZJqrq-WqpvjILLATXXw%3A1650001090563&ei=wgRZYpODIp2Oxc8P7JCxwAU&oq=site&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAEYADIECCMQJzIECCMQJzIKCCMQ7wMQJxCLAzIECAAQQzIHCAAQsQMQQzIICAAQgAQQsQMyBAgAEEMyCAgAEIAEELEDMggIABCABBCxAzIHCAAQsQMQQzoLCAAQgAQQsQMQgwE6CAguEIAEELEDOgsILhCABBDHARCvAUoECEEYAEoECEYYAFAAWM8CYMwSaABwAXgAgAGkAYgB9QSSAQMwLjSYAQCgAQG4AQPAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz
Steps I took leading up to the issue:

Hello @dr_zec

It is recommended to submit your journal in Google search console. By submitting your journal in that, Google will notify you if there something wrong with your site that will affect the indexing from that search engine.

Hendra
OJT team

1 Like

Dear Hendra;

I have already submitted to journal Google search console. Google didn’t notify for anything as wrong.

After checking one of your article, I seen no 500 response from the site and this is good.
However here what I got when try to ask google about your site :

There is only one page indexed by Google.
Yes, I agree your site seems like does not optimized to indexed by Google. Although your journal actually have aged for more than 6 month.

Please use the URL inspection feature in the Google Search Console :

And put any of the URL from you site that you think is not indexed from google and check the result.
Currently I suggest to add any article manually to the google search console before it will becomes automatic in the future.

Kind Regards
Hendra
OJT Team

Google Scholar may be very picky if the metadata is not correct.

Although you have specified English in the webpage, you send the Turkish titles and abstracts to Google.

For example, for Rail-Wheel Friction Management in Rail System Vehicles | The European Journal of Research and Development

<html lang="en-US" xml:lang="en-US">
<head>
	<meta charset="utf-8">
	<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
	<title>
		Rail-Wheel Friction Management in Rail System Vehicles
							| The European Journal of Research and Development
			</title>

<link rel="icon" href="https://journals.orclever.com/public/journals/1/favicon_en_US.png">
<meta name="generator" content="Open Journal Systems 3.3.0.8">
<meta name="gs_meta_revision" content="1.1"/>
<meta name="citation_journal_title" content="The European Journal of Research and Development"/>
<meta name="citation_journal_abbrev" content="EJRnD"/>
<meta name="citation_issn" content="2822-2296"/> 
<meta name="citation_author" content="Fatih Bezgin"/>
<meta name="citation_title" content="Raylı Sistem Taşıtlarında Ray-Teker Arası Sürtünme Yönetimi"/>
<meta name="citation_language" content="tr"/>
<meta name="citation_date" content="2021/12/31"/>
<meta name="citation_volume" content="1"/>
<meta name="citation_issue" content="1"/>
<meta name="citation_firstpage" content="16"/>
<meta name="citation_lastpage" content="30"/>
<meta name="citation_abstract_html_url" content="https://journals.orclever.com/ejrnd/article/view/4"/>
<meta name="citation_keywords" xml:lang="en" content="Rail"/>
<meta name="citation_keywords" xml:lang="en" content="Wheel"/>
<meta name="citation_keywords" xml:lang="en" content="Friction"/>
<meta name="citation_pdf_url" content="https://journals.orclever.com/ejrnd/article/download/4/3"/>
<link rel="schema.DC" href="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" />
<meta name="DC.Creator.PersonalName" content="Fatih Bezgin"/>
<meta name="DC.Date.created" scheme="ISO8601" content="2021-12-31"/>
<meta name="DC.Date.dateSubmitted" scheme="ISO8601" content="2022-01-21"/>
<meta name="DC.Date.issued" scheme="ISO8601" content="2021-12-31"/>
<meta name="DC.Date.modified" scheme="ISO8601" content="2022-01-29"/>
<meta name="DC.Description" xml:lang="tr" content="Çağımızın güvenilir ulaşım yollarından birisi olan raylı sistemlerde, taşıt ve altyapı arasındaki ilk etkileşim ray ve teker teması ile başlar. Ray-teker temasından doğacak olacak sürtünmenin fazla olduğu durumlarda, tekerde ve rayda izin verilen limitler dışında aşınmalar ve ses meydana gelecektir. Sürtünmenin yeterli olmadığı durumlarda ise ray üzerinde kayarak ilerleme durumu ya da ilk kalkış esnasında patinaj durumu ortaya çıkacaktır. Bu sebeplerden ötürü, sürtünmenin hat ve çevre koşullarına göre azaltılıp, artırılması gerekmektedir. Sürtünmeyi azaltmak için yağlama sistemi, artırmak için ise kumlama sistemi olarak adlandırılan sistemler taşıtlarda kullanılmaktadır. Bu çalışmada yağlama sistemi ve kumlama sistemlerinin temel bileşenleri incelenmiş olup bir tramvay için tasarlanan yağlama ve kumlama sistemleri tanıtılmıştır. "/>
<meta name="DC.Description" xml:lang="en" content="In rail systems, which is one of the reliable transportation ways of our age, the first interaction between vehicle and infrastructure starts with rail and wheel contact. In cases where the friction that will arise from the rail-wheel contact is high, abrasions and noise will occur on the wheel and the rail outside the allowable limits. In cases where the friction is not sufficient, the wheel will slide on the rail or the vehicle will skid during the first run. For these reasons, it is necessary to increase or decrease the friction according to the line and environmental conditions. Systems called lubrication system to reduce friction and sanding system to increase friction are used in vehicles. In this study, the basic components of the lubrication system and sanding systems were examined and lubrication and sanding systems designed for a tram were introduced."/>

Especially, you see a conflict between the content in <title> and the content in <meta name="citation_title"> .

Therefore, you should check your language configuration:

• are both languages defined in the language settings? What is the main language?
  • are the language subfields of title, author, abstract etc. correctly filled?

When this is corrected, you should resubmit the sitemap in Google Search Console. The two issues should then be indexed within 1-2 weeks (you may check the coverage in Google Search Console).

Also, it may help to register your journal with Crossref, get a DOI prefix and register DOIs. Also, when you have enough articles, you should apply for indexing in DOAJ.
This all helps to improve findability.

just to confirmed did you submit the sitemap in your search console?

https://journals.orclever.com/index.php/ejrnd/sitemap

this link need to be submit in the index>sitemaps>add new sitemaps