Why do merged user profiles remain separate?

Hi

I’ve been trying to clean our user database by merging accounts of users who have created more than one. The problem is that when I merge two accounts of the same user both remain when I go in to recheck the list. What am I doing wrong?

I use the “merge users” feature, choosing the two profiles I want to merge. Next I click the merge link next to the profile that is to be merged.

Best
Sara

Hi @Sara_Mosberg_Iversen,

What software are you using, and what version? Do you see any errors when you attempt to merge accounts? Does anything show up in your server’s error log?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec

I’m just using the OJS on a mac with Safari. You ask about version - of what? I’m not sure what you’re referring to? I don’t get any error messages, and I don’t have access to the server’s error logs. I function as a journal manager, not as the administrator of the server.

Best
Sara

Hi @Sara_Mosberg_Iversen,

Thanks for the details – what version of OJS do you use?

You should have access to your server’s error logs; usually this is available via CPanel or something similar that’s provided by your ISP.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I’ve put the system administrator on the case, since I’ve realized this is not a question for a “peasant” like myself. But thanks for the suggestions.

Dear Alex

I am having the same problem on OCS - was this query ever resolved?

Thanks
Freyni

Hi @Freyni,

Can you describe your situation in detail?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec

So if I go to User Home - Merge Users, and then put in a duplicate name,
and find the two records. I tick both and say merge users, and basically
nothing happens. So I have deactivated the duplicate account for now.

Kind regards
Freyni

Hi @Freyni,

Can you check your PHP error log to see if something shows up there when you attempt to merge users?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @alec

Where do I find the error log?

Kind regards
Freyni

This is vary widely depending on your server configuration. Check with your system administrator or your hosting provider for details.

@clinton

Thank you - I will do so.

Kind regards
Freyni