Where can we use the mail templates, COPYEDIT_AUTHOR_REQUEST and COPYEDIT_COMPLETE?

Hi,

We are now constructing e-journal site using OJS3.1 and testing the site.
In the copy editing and production, I want to contact to the author on proof by using mail templates.
But, I cannot find the place to contact to author in the workflow.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

— Hiroshi Kawasaki

Hi @kawasaki

This changed a little bit from how it was in OJS 2. Now you can “Notify” the author from within the “Participants” list and use the “Copyediting Request” e-mail template there. Then, you could also use the discussion tools for the further communication with the participants.

Best,
Bozana

Hi Bozana,

Thank you for your reply.

We have a problem in notify menu. There are two blank lines in pull down for email templates at notify pop-up in Production page (see the Uploaded jpg). I suspect they are the templates for the request for proof to author and the acknowledge for proof-reading by author.

Which email key for this pop-up should we use?

Thank you again.

— Hiroshi

1-Production-Notify-Eng

Hi @kawasaki

Ah, I think I was wrong – the “Copyediting Request” is meant to be for a copyeditor, I think.
And those two missing e-mails templates are INDEX_REQUEST and INDEX_COMPLETE, which apparently do not exist any more.
Here is a GitHub Issue that also mentions that: [OJS] issues with emails notifications during the review to the production process · Issue #3431 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub
Hmmm…
I think there are then two possibilities for you:
– to use the discussion tool – the copyediting and proofreading requests from OJS 2 are migrated to the discussion tools, so I suppose this is the way to go,
– to create you own e-mail template that you would then use to notify the author form the participants list

Best,
Bozana

Hi, Bozana,

Thank you for your suggestions.

– to use the discussion tool – the copyediting and proofreading requests from OJS 2 are migrated to the discussion tools, so I suppose this is the way to go,

I am not familiar with the discussion tool. Is there any tutorial or manual for the discussion tool?

– to create you own e-mail template that you would then use to notify the author form the participants list

If I made temples for INDEX_REQUEST and INDEX_COMPLETE, will they appear in the pop-up?

— Hiroshi

Hi Hiroshi,

For the documentation see the part “Consult with the Author” here https://pkp.gitbooks.io/ojs3/content/en/copyediting.html.

How did you made the templates, in the DB?
I created a e-mail template in Settings > Workflow > Emails and it appears in the pop-up…

Best,
Bozana

Hi Bozana,

Thank you.
I will try to make templates in Workflow page.

— Hiroshi