Where can I download the "Native XML import/export" plugin?

I currently don’t see the plugin on my OJS 3.3.0.7, if I go to installed plugins I get this list:

And on the Plugin Gallery it isn’t listed. Where can I download the plugin, I’ve google and have gone through several GitHub repositories but none work. Is there a direct link to the zip?

Hi @joseagaleanoc,

Native XML import/export is actually a little different than other plugins in that its available via the tools menu and is not configured in the same way that are plugins are through the gallery. You can learn more about import/export options available as part of the tools here: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/tools#importexport

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

How can I activate it or install it is my question, I understand what it does and how it works. I’ve used it before but I’m not able to see it anymore on OJS

Hi @joseagaleanoc,

Sorry - I misunderstood. It is automatically activated. You just need to go to Tools - Native XML plugin (click on the link), and then you’ll see the options to use it like this:

-Roger
PKP team

Thanks Roger but like I said it’s not there. It’s not appearing in the plugin or tools page. My question is where can I download the plugin to install it again?

What happens when you go to click it under Tools - Import/Export - “Native XML” - is it showing any error? If so, you’ll want to check your PHP error log to see any relevant errors in your logs from there.

-Roger

Native XML doesn’t appear on tools. Like I mentioned it’s looks like it’s not installed on OJS, I don’t know if another admin before erased it or what else happened. I just need the plugin to install it again.

Thanks for sharing.

You might be able to install it manually from a zipped folder on github: ojs/plugins/importexport/native at stable-3_3_0 · pkp/ojs · GitHub - but that always comes with risks and it is preferable to install from the plugin gallery (but as you point out, that’s not working for you)

You could also try upgrading later version (e.g. 3.3.0-13) and see if that causes it to reappear in the plugin gallery or within your list of tools?

-Roger
PKP Team

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.