What is the quickest way to publish an article in OJS 3.0.2?

Hello,
I just want to click “Make a submission” and immediately after that, I want my article to appear in the index page.
Thank you very much in advance.

Check the plugin gallery for the “QuickSubmit plugin”. It is a one-step form for submitting new content by an editor.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your quick response. I followed the steps you told me but in “My assigned” I see it in the “Production” stage. What should I do next?

With the QuickSubmit plugin, you have the option of assigning the article to an issue. If the article is assigned to an issue that is already published, that article is published within the issue immediately. If the article is assigned to an issue which is awaiting publication, it will be published when the issue is published. Which is your case?

I have no published issues.

Schedule this article against an issue, and when you publish the issue, the article will be published to the site.

How do I publish an issue in a minimum of clicks?

No offense but what’s so quick about the QuickSubmit plugin?

The QuickSubmit plugin allows you to quickly upload a file, enter the relevant metadata information, and immediately post it to a publication issue. This bypasses the peer review process. The plugin is often used for current editorials or for journals that have already been reviewed, printed, and are now going electronic (back issues). It assumes that the files you are uploading is ready for publication (no copyediting, proofreading).

If you still need your articles to be reviewed, the QuickSubmit will probably not be ideal. You can find more information here: https://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Importing_and_Exporting_Data

Well, to me that’s not quick enough.

Hi @geekm1983,

For more efficient batch imports, some use the XML import tools. However, that requires some skill with XML. Otherwise, constructive feedback is always welcome.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team