What actions generate a tasks notification in OJS 3.1?

Hello! I’m wondering if anyone can point me to a list of specific actions that generate the “tasks” notification in OJS 3.1? I’m developing some information for our editors and am not clear on the distinction between tasks and other notifications that may go out just as an email and get recorded in the editorial history, but don’t show up as “tasks” in the list.

Thanks for any guidance!
Sonya

Hi @sfbetz,

We don’t have a comprehensive list ready to hand, but you can get one by grepping the source for NOTIFICATION_LEVEL_TASK. The relevant results are…

• lib/pkp/classes/submission/action/EditorAction.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/classes/submission/form/PKPSubmissionSubmitStep4Form.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/classes/notification/managerDelegate/EditorDecisionNotificationManager.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/classes/notification/managerDelegate/EditorAssignmentNotificationManager.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/classes/notification/managerDelegate/PendingRevisionsNotificationManager.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/controllers/tab/authorDashboard/AuthorDashboardTabHandler.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/controllers/grid/users/stageParticipant/form/PKPStageParticipantNotifyForm.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/controllers/grid/queries/form/QueryForm.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/controllers/grid/queries/form/QueryNoteForm.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/controllers/modals/editorDecision/form/RecommendationForm.inc.php
  • lib/pkp/controllers/modals/editorDecision/form/PromoteForm.inc.php

Looking through these, you’ll find the following notifications:

• NOTIFICATION_TYPE_REVIEW_ASSIGNMENT
  • NOTIFICATION_TYPE_EDITOR_ASSIGNMENT_REQUIRED
  • NOTIFICATION_TYPE_EDITOR_DECISION_PENDING_REVISIONS
  • NOTIFICATION_TYPE_EDITOR_DECISION_RESUBMIT
  • NOTIFICATION_TYPE_EDITOR_ASSIGNMENT_SUBMISSION, NOTIFICATION_TYPE_EDITOR_ASSIGNMENT_INTERNAL_REVIEW, NOTIFICATION_TYPE_EDITOR_ASSIGNMENT_EXTERNAL_REVIEW, NOTIFICATION_TYPE_EDITOR_ASSIGNMENT_EDITING, and NOTIFICATION_TYPE_EDITOR_ASSIGNMENT_PRODUCTION
  • NOTIFICATION_TYPE_EDITOR_DECISION_PENDING_REVISIONS
  • NOTIFICATION_TYPE_PENDING_EXTERNAL_REVISIONS
  • NOTIFICATION_TYPE_ASSIGN_COPYEDITOR, NOTIFICATION_TYPE_AWAITING_COPYEDITS, NOTIFICATION_TYPE_ASSIGN_PRODUCTIONUSER, and NOTIFICATION_TYPE_AWAITING_REPRESENTATIONS (I’m not sure these are still used)
  • NOTIFICATION_TYPE_NEW_QUERY and NOTIFICATION_TYPE_QUERY_ACTIVITY
  • ASSOC_TYPE_QUEUED_PAYMENT

That’s a little obscure still but I hope it’s a start!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you! This is exactly what I needed.