WebFeed added manually and result a fatal error

Hello

I removed webFeed folder from server and I uploaded upgraded webFeed folder manually to server.

Now whole site is down!!

in log file there is error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method TemplateManager::getTemplateVars() in /public_html/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedPlugin.inc.php on line 71

please help me to fix the problem
Thank You

Hi @rezamoezzi,

Not the real solution could be that you remove the directory again. I guess it should start working again, without WebFeed. But I am not sure.

Regards, Primož

1 Like

Hi @primozs

Thank you, I removed the folder and now website is working, but how can I add Webfeed to the plugins?
because It’s essential for the JournalTOCs indexing.

Hi @rezamoezzi,

I think the problem has been caused with incompatible plugin version. Which version of the OJS are you using? Or, maybe: do you have the old version of the plugin somewhere?

Regards, Primož

1 Like

Hi @primozs

Actually I could not find a .ta.gz file for weebFeed, I made it by folder and I tried to upgrade, there was error, so I manually removed the current webFeed folder and replaced it with new webFeed folder and the problem occurred.
So I would like to know, now how can I have this plugin running in my website?

thank you

Can you please answer:

And one more: Why you wanted to upgrade the plugin?

getTemplateVars() was introduced only in Smarty v3, but latest stable release is still using Smarty 2. You have downloaded updated version of the plugin for the OJS version that it wan’t released yet. Webfeed plugin is shipped with the OJS release, so you can just download the one that corresponds with your version and copy it to your relevant directory

Hi,

Thank You.

because It was not working

Thank You, I understood.

my current OJS version is 3.1.1.4.

where can I find the compatible webFeed folder for it?

As it is included into OJS release, you can download it as usual from the Download page: https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/ojs_download/
Pick the correspondent version.
You need from there only plugins/generic/webFeed. Just copy it into the correspondent directory inside yours OJS instance.
Or from the latest stable OJS 3.1.1 branch on Github: ojs/plugins/generic/webFeed at ojs-stable-3_1_1 · pkp/ojs · GitHub
The latter needs Git to be installed and some minimal experience in working with it. Clone single branch: How do I clone a single branch in Git? - Stack Overflow
You need ojs-stable-3_1_1

1 Like

You may also need to check the permissions for copied files. They should be readable by the group that includes your webserver (if Apache, on Ubuntu it is usually called www-data).

1 Like

Thank You so much.

I replaced the webFeed folder in OJS 3.1.1 and now It’s working well.