Web feed plugin is not working(Doesn't appears on the website)

I am using OJS 3.1.1(fresh installation), I have enabled Web Feed plugin but it is not appearing on the website.
Even source of the web page showing link tag to:
WebFeedGatewayPlugin/atom
WebFeedGatewayPlugin/rss
WebFeedGatewayPlugin/rss2

Error log showing following related to Web Feed plugin:
PHP Strict Standards: Declaration of WebFeedSettingsForm::fetch() should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /ojs/plugins/generic/webFeed/WebFeedSettingsForm.inc.php on line 89

Please look into this. Don’t know what is the problem with this version of OJS.

Hi @loveleentak,

On the Appearance form, do you see the web feed block plugin available for placement on the sidebar?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

It is not showing in the sidebar.

Hi @loveleentak,

Using a tool like phpMyAdmin, can you check the versions table in your database to see whether there’s an entry for the web feed plugin?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This is the entry in the table.

Hi @loveleentak,

Can you include the column names?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ya sure, please tell me the detail.

@asmecher Any update sir…

@staff Any solution ?

Hi @loveleentak,

I’m not able to duplicate this behavior locally, which makes it hard to debug. I suspect there may be a conflict happening with another plugin. If you’ve enabled extra plugins (beyond the ones that are enabled when OJS is installed), especially if you don’t really need them, try disabling these.

Note that some OJS plugins are required, so don’t disable any plugins that were already enabled with your installation, such as the TinyMCE plugin.

If this is a conflict, then disabling another plugin should lead to the “web feed” plugin appearing under the list of sidebar options on the Appearance form.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have encountered the same problem with web feed plugin except my records in db are slightly diffrent. Is this context information are relevant to web feed block to appear correctly? There are also proper records in versions_table. Site is freshly after upgrade to 3.1.1.4 from 2.4.8 2019-01-17%2012-44-04

Hi all,

I wonder if this is related to issue 4011. See this comment for a patch to try; this will be included in the next release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

You are correct! This commit you provided is the right solution. This issue is resolved. Many thanks for your work.

1 Like