View HTML en OJS

How do I display an HTML article in OJS version 2.4.6

Hi @Ciencias_Forestales,

You’ll need to upload the HTML as an article galley under the Layout area of the submission’s Editing page. You can do this as Editor, Section Editor, or as an assigned Layout Editor.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,
Is it possible to redirect users to Html galleys instead of abstract page? or replace the abstract page with html content of full article?
I don`t want to use JATS xml parser.

In OJS 3, for displaying HTML galley on article detail page you will need to write a plugin. I can guide you through the process if you have some knowledge of PHP.

By the way, what is the reason you (or your publisher) don’t want to publish articles in JATS XML format?

yes please.
because we already have articles in html format and there is no need to convert to xml and then again to html.

Basically, all you need is to copy the code from JATS Parser Plugin with a little modification. This line is responsible for retrieving XML Galley:

Try to change this: 'application/xml', 'text/xml' to 'application/html', 'text/html'
Also you will not need the folder lib (in the root of the project). And import statements:

import("plugins.generic.jatsParser.lib.main.Body");
import("plugins.generic.jatsParser.lib.main.Back"); 

inside JatsParserPlugin.inc.php

Hi @Vitaliy.

I could explain how I should configure or what plugin I should use to use the HTML galley on article in OJS 3. I am waiting for your answer …