Using PlumX widgets

You can find the requirements here:

Installation is easiest via the Plugin Gallery.
https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/settings-website#plugin-gallery

Todos mis artículos tienen DOI, tengo la opción Hide When Empty pues como no hay métricas decidí ocultarlas, pero algo no está bien pues hay artículos con mas de 200 descargar y no muestran métrica alguna.

¿has actualizando la versión a 1.3.1? ¿puedes dar un exemplo de articulo a ver?

Have you upgraded to version 1.3.1? Can you give an example of an article to see?

Buenas tarde, anoche actualicé el plugins y si sale en solo dos artículos las métricas.
Puede consultarlo en el siguiente enlace: Estudio documental: importancia de la educación ambiental en la educación básica. | Revista Iberoamericana Ambiente & Sustentabilidad

1 Like

Si algunos articulos tienen métricas, pero otros no, parece que Plum Analytics no tiene las métricas de algunos articulos. Plum colecciona las métrias publicas. Ellos coleccionará descargas de tu revista, si tú eres cliente. Si tú eres cliente, ellos usan OAI-PMH y COUNTER/SUSHI coleccionar las descargas.

If some articles have metrics, but others don’t, it seems that Plum Analytics doesn’t have metrics for some articles. Plum collects public metrics, but they will only collect downloads/views from your journal if you are a customer. If you are a customer, they use OAI-PMH and COUNTER/SUSHI to collect these downloads/views.

1 Like

After upgrade to Open Journal Systems 3.2.1.2 Plum Analytics Artifact Widget stop working and is not visible on the page. On the Open Journal Systems 3.2.1.1 worked perfect. Any idea?

Do you see any error messages in your PHP error log which related to the plumAnalytics plugin? Do you have a public page you can share where the widget should appear, but doesn’t?

In error.log received next info:

[23-Nov-2020 16:51:43 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::fetch($request) should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 129
[23-Nov-2020 16:51:43 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 129
[23-Nov-2020 16:51:47 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::fetch($request) should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 129
[23-Nov-2020 16:51:47 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 129

About public page, any public page with DOI don`t have present PlumX widgets as we had. One of public page is CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK OF THE MODEL OF FORMING INTERETHNIC TOLERANCE IN THE MULTICULTURAL ENVIRONMENT OF THE UNIVERSITY | International Journal of Cognitive Research in Science, Engineering and Education

:

Does anyone has idea?

Hi @ctgraham,

in PHP error log receive

text/x-generic error_log ( ASCII text )

[26-Dec-2020 15:28:47 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::fetch($request) should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 0 [26-Dec-2020 15:28:47 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 0 [26-Dec-2020 15:28:57 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::fetch($request) should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 0 [26-Dec-2020 15:28:57 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 0 [26-Dec-2020 15:30:09 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::fetch($request) should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 92 [26-Dec-2020 15:30:09 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 112 [26-Dec-2020 15:30:15 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::fetch($request) should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 92 [26-Dec-2020 15:30:15 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: Declaration of PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm::execute() should be compatible with Form::execute(…$functionArgs) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/plugins/generic/plum/PlumAnalyticsSettingsForm.inc.php on line 112

Also, Download statistics stop working. Open Journal Systems 3.2.1.2 is active with PHP 7.3.
Any idea to solve problems with PlumX and statistics?

Regards,
Lazar

The PHP warnings you see should not prevent the plugin from loading; a line such as “PHP Error” might point to a problem, but I do not see such a line in your log.

What setting do you have for “Display Widget” in the settings, and what theme do you use? I’d like to check that the option for “Display Widget” is still supported in the theme you’ve selected in 3.2.

Settings in Display widget

Widget

Theme: Default theme

That uses hook “Templates::Article::Details”, which is present in the default theme.

The plugin is still enabled on https://ijcrsee.com/index.php/ijcrsee/article/view/311, correct? If so, I don’t see the expected output for “Templates::Article::Footer::PageFooter” or for “Templates::Article::Details”.

Do you have a development site where we could test some code changes to see where the fault lies?

Hi @ctgraham,

Yes. Plugin is enabled as always been. After update to latest OJS the same stopped. We do not have development site, but I can provide you with all credentials which you need. Just tell me what you need.

By the way, in scheduledTaskLogs I have latest record from 26.11.2020.

Usagestatisticsfileloadertask-5fc02ca3ebd87-20201126.log

After that I do not have other Usagestatistics records.

I can’t receive credentials to login to your system, but I may be able to put together a pre-release of the plugin for 3.2 which resolves the warning messages and provides an option for debugging.

Are you using cron or acron for your scheduled task processing?

I am using cron for my scheduled task processing.

Hi @ctgraham,

I just upload other version of PlumX from another domain and same start working. Now, only problems is with downloads statistic.

I contacted our provider. In cPanel/Awstats under domain ijcrsee.com (SSL) is valid statistics
but OJS doesn`t present it.

Is PlumX still tracking mentions on Twitter? Apparently, it isn’t…

Probably a better question for Plum Analytics support than for this forum. Their Social Media Metrics page still mentions it, but the last update is well before the recent upheaval. There are no mentions whatsoever in the Metrics Audit Log.

1 Like