Users can't register

Hello there community,

When I sign up as a new user on my OJS to test, nothing happens, no email, nothing.

What could be the possible reason?

Thank you.

Hi @geekm1983,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this information with your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

It’s version 3.0.2. I figured out what the problem was. It occurs only when I am using the bootstrap theme. What code should I add so users can sign up?

Hi @geekm1983,

Do you have Recaptcha enabled on registration? If so, see this issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

No, I don’t.<3 <3<3<3 I had to add those hearts :slight_smile:

Can you provide more information about what happens when you submit the registration form? Does the form submit? Is an error message displayed? Is a new user created in the system? What version of the Bootstrap3 theme are you using? What are you registration settings for the journal? Do you get any error messages in your server’s error log? Does the problem occur in your local environment and on a live server?

When I fill out the form and submit it, a page with a new blank form appears. No error messages. No new users are created in the system. The latest version that’s on Github. Default settings. And, unfortunately, I can’t have access to the mail server’s logs. Live server.

Thank you very much in advance, Mister Nate.

If you’re using OJS v3.0.2, you need to be using the Bootstrap3 theme v1.0.2. The latest development branch of the theme will not work with OJS v3.0.2.

You can stay on top of version compatibility here:

1 Like

Hi guys!

I have OJS v3.0.2 and Boostrap3 theme v1.0.2 and I nothing happens when I click submit.
The url does not change: http://journal.geoecomar.ro/geo-eco-marina/user/register .

This data is transmited to the submit page but nothing happens at database level.
From Chrome Dev Tools it seams the vars are sent.

I have auto-completed the form fields for testing purpose.

I have almost finish the website and this is holding the whole project down.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don’t know where to look.

Thank you!
Mihai

This is in error.log on the server:

[Mon Oct 16 13:04:45 2017] [error] [client 82.76.235.104] PHP Notice: Deprecated call without request object. in /var/www/html/journal/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 813, referer: http://journal.geoecomar.ro/geo-eco-marina/submissions

if (Config::getVar(‘debug’, ‘deprecation_warnings’)) trigger_error(‘Deprecated call without request object.’);

And, with other theme (I’ve tried with default) Register works.

I have redownloaded the base theme Boostrap 3 and now all works as it should. I am working on a child of this theme so everything was easy to do - just replace the boostrap3 folder. Thank you for all the great work on OJS!

Mihai

I’m facing problem for user that was created by me to log in to OJS even though this user was deleted as the user. msg given like in the photo.

msg cant login

Hi @Ahmad_Rais_Johari,

Remove doesn’t delete a user from the database. Use Merge User.

The problem solved already.