User roles seem to be conflicting after upgrade to 3.1.0.1

Hi,

We have a user who have multiple roles in the system (reader, reviewer, author, journal editor, journal manager) For some submissions these roles seem to be conflicting and he doesn’t have the rights he ought to have. E.g. he can only access the submissions as reviewer and not as journal editor.

Has anyone a solution to this problem?

Hi @lthomsen

See this GitHub Issue and discussion there: Authored submission cannot be easily accessed via Editor role · Issue #3130 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub – I believe it is the problem you are experiencing. There is still no right solution for that, but hopefully soon…

Best,
Bozana

Hi - yes, this is exactly the problem. Thank you so much for alerting me to this issue. I have now done as suggested and made a separate user for the reviewer role.

Best,
Louise

Hi all,

For everyone interested in improving OJS’s behavior when a user is assigned as both editor and reviewer, or both editor and author – we could use your help with some quick testing!

The very talented @NateWr has posted his proposal for these changes at issue 3130 – if you’re handy with git and can confirm whether this meets your expectations, we would very much appreciate your feedback. We’re trying to release OJS 3.1.1 with this change included in the very near future.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like